How do I turn off the engine but keep the electronics running?

Ptom

:
2014 Mazda 3 S Touring
I just bought a Mazda 3 S Touring, with the advanced keyless entry so I start the engine by holding down the brake and pressing the "Start" button.

I can turn on just the electronics by pressing the "start" button while not holding down the brake.

My question is, when I park after driving and want to listen to the radio without running the engine, how do I just turn off the engine without turning off the electronics? I really don't want to turn off everything, then reboot just the electronics...

The only entry I could find in the manual on this was under "Emergency Engine Stop": Continuously pressing the push button start or quickly pressing it any number of times while the engine is running or the vehicle is being driven will turn the engine off immediately. The ignition switches to ACC.

I've not tried this, yet, as the "Emergency" part makes me concerned that I might damage the car using it regularly.

Any thoughts?

It should keep playing music until you open the door. That's how most vehicles are at this point...

Nope. Engine stays on whether I open the door or not, until I push the button when the whole car goes dark.

Back