WeatherTech window deflector pics and opinions?

dawhoo

:
CX 5 Touring
Been thinking about getting the weather tech window deflectors but can't find a pic of them in a CX-5. Does anyone have them and if so, have a pic?

How easy is the install?

Any extra noise?

Thanks

I purchased them recently and I like them so far. They install fairly easy but I would want to do it when its warm out. You have to flex the front ones when you put them in and they are held in place without any adhesive tape. After you put them in you need to roll the windows up and down a few times slowly to set them in place. The rear ones go in easily but they do have adhesive tape on the top. I've had vent visors flex and get caught by the window before so I was weary of these at first. I've put the window up at speed and haven't had an issue yet.
The noise level with the windows up hasn't changed but there is a difference with the window part way down. The visors seem to make a bit of turbulence and its not bad, just different from how it sounded before I put them in.

thanks trek777!

I'm thinking about getting these, I didn't like the look of the OEM I saw on another CX-5. I had cheapo aftermarkets on my Mazda 3 and loved them, made the overall look more refined and smooth. It also didn't make much of a sound difference. Our high, every day since May has been in the 90s, so waiting on a warm day isn't going to be a problem

If I roll down the windows on my CX-5 at 45, the percussion of sound pressure is so annoying, I was hoping the deflectors would help that, but apparently not - bummer. I have Thule racks on mine and they're virtually silent, unless I open the sunroof.

If you get the time, could you post a pic or two?

I bought a set for the cx-5 about a month or so ago. I liked it a lot at first. But about 2 weeks ago when I roll down the windows the front would come lose from the channel. So everytime I rolled up the windows it would make this loud popping sound when the deflectors would pop back in place. I emailed weathertech and asked for some double sided tape. And that fixed the problem. Now its all good. I even ordered a set for my Honda fit.

I am considering buying one set from WeatherTech, but not sure if I should get the light tint or dark tint. What do you have?

I realize this thread is regarding the Weathertechs... just wanted to say I've had the Mazda oems for about a year now and have not had any problems. I like the fact they are nearly flush.

20130818_101939_zpsd7f86066.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130810_091514_zpsba2189bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130810_091451_zpsd9d1457e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So I just purchased and installed my WeatherTech's and they were very easy to install. I like them better than OEM because they look more seamless rather than just a visor taped onto the window. Oh, and $50 cheaper. The noise difference is hardly noticeable if any.

Here are a few Pics i took before and after:
Before:
HRaMs8p.jpg

r1iPQZL.jpg

ykIV4YF.jpg

After:
Merur9w.jpg

RvVpOEx.jpg

SJW02wn.jpg

2rc5Yz4.jpg

Here are pictures of the Weathertech window deflectors that I just installed. Installation was really simple, just slip it into the window channel. Only the back deflectors have a strip of adhesives.

Nice - thanks for the pics. My birthday is soon, easier to explain to the CEO if it's a birthday present to myself.

My WeatherTech deflectors arrived yesterday and I installed the whole set today. I bought the light tint directly from WeatherTech. All 4 pieces are easy to install (done in 10 minutes), and fit nicely into the grooves. The deflectors look nice and are not visually intrusive. I am happy with my purchase.

My WeatherTech deflectors arrived yesterday and I installed the whole set today. I bought the light tint directly from WeatherTech. All 4 pieces are easy to install (done in 10 minutes), and fit nicely into the grooves. The deflectors look nice and are not visually intrusive. I am happy with my purchase.

Can you please post a picture of the 'light' tint ones you have? I am thinking of possibly getting these weather techs, but would like to see the difference between the light and dark ones. Thanks!

Hi Woodsys2718,

Think the Mazda OEMs look good as they looked flushed with the window frame. Did u get them from your local Mazda dealer & did they install them for you?

Both the Mazda OEMs & the Weathertechs are good cos there are no cheap chrome trimmings along the top of the visors!

Hi Guys!!

Which one do you think would be great the dark or light Weathertechs for my black CX-5???
Planning on getting them this week, so your input would be helpful..

Thanks!!

Here is a pic of my Weathertech side deflectors in dark. I didn't want them to be see through, which is what the lights looked to be online. However, after I installed these, I got front window tints and the tint guy was really disappointed in the deflectors being inside the window channel. Said that it can really damage the part that rolls the window up (am blanking on the word here) over time and advised to get the OEM ones that stick to the outside of the window instead. I took that with a grain of salt, because I had already spent $100 on the Weathertechs and didn't want to shell out another $100+ for the OEM ones and I couldn't return the ones I have. But, I do notice that when I roll the windows up now, it struggles a bit towards the very end and in hindsight I would have gone with the OEM ones to begin with. So buyer beware.

f20a3d59b2e00696e09e3fcbdaa94c77.jpg

after having the weathertechs for 3 months, I took them off - no more wind noise and my window doesn't "clunk" when I roll it up. Overall, very disappointed with the weathertech deflectors. The old double sided 3M deflectors I bought for $30 on eBay for my Mazda 3 were a lot better and didn't scratch nearly as easily.

Back