First time plasti dip on cx9

How did you do your rear emblems? and the center big one on the rear hatch?
Taped off a big square. Sprayed 5 coats of black plasti dip then 2 coats of silver metalizer. After you're done let it dry for about 20 mins then you just peel away the excess dip on the car and in between the emblem.

You should do the chrome all around the side windows too. Hope that stuff lasts. I would have used SEM paint products instead but thats me.

You should do the chrome all around the side windows too. Hope that stuff lasts. I would have used SEM paint products instead but thats me.
Plasti dip is actually very durable while being a non permanent option. With proper cleaning it can actually last up to 4 or 5 years. And unlike actual paints, it'll peel off like a giant vinyl sticker. So if it gets scratched or nicked it can be easily touched up or easily removed. Paint on the other hand... now we are talking sanding and hours of work. So far it's held up to scorching hot sun, trip to North Carolina from Pa. another trip from Pa. To Ohio and our first winter storm and road salt and looks exactly as the day I applied it. Oh and it protects the original finish so in a matter of minutes car can be returned to its stock finish with nothing but your finger tips and some pulling. One could say it's almost magical hahahaha.

Back