need help with possible abs pick up adjustment after wheel bearing replaced?

Aussiecx7

:
08 CX7
Hi all,
Really need help.
Ok, i replaced the right hand rear wheel bearing/hub asm on my wife's 08 AWD CX7.
The wheel bearing had badly gone and it had was a real pain to get off the cv shaft, anyway I managed to get it off with the help of an oxy.
Before I used the oxy I tried hitting the cv shaft (with nut on) through the bearing/hub, now sometime during my hammering, the end of the CV came away from the the actual shaft and when this happened the abs pick up (ring) came off the shaft.. there was a clear witness mark on the cv and I put it back on where I was pretty sure it came from.
Anyway, refitted the parts of the cv back together and installed the new hub and all went back together well..
Went for a road test and no more noise but now the abs light was on... i turned the car off and back on again and the abs light had gone until I was going around 45km/h and it was back on, this kept repeating, occasionally on my initial road test the 4wd light would also come on...
So i pulled the rear wheel off and I removed the abs sensor from the control arm to see if the pick up (ring) was in a good spot for the sensor to read off it.. it was almost perfect... maybe 1mm too far to the outside of the shaft.. I removed the (known good side) left hand wheel and abs sensor just to see where the pick up (ring) is located in relation to the sensor.. It seemed dead centre.
My question is... How sensitive is the pick up/ring to abs sensor location??? it cant be more than 1mm out..
I also have read a bit about abs sensors etc on this forum and understand that the sensor maybe faulty after it was disturbed...
Should I try tapping the ring over 1mm till it is dead centre??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Back