3rd BDAY and 30K bday--PRESENT FOR FREE!!!!

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
Well today is the 3rd year, since I bought the 2012 5, new summer of 2011. Decided to give it a present. Since it is the kid hauler, it is the only car that we haven't modded, but couldn't help it anymore(headbang)

Friend of mine from local MS3 club, wanted winter wheels. So he traded straight for my stock wheels and stock Toyos. So my out of pocket cost is 0!!

On the way to his house to trade, car turned 30,000 miles.

Fit is great. Looks great. Tires came with TPMS Hankook Ventus V12.

Initial impressions: Very sticky. Steering effort has increased. Handling is much better. Drove it around 80 miles since this morning. Offset is so much better than OEM , not perfect, but good enough

Only issue is my MS3 has the same wheels in the garage, so maybe time to upgrade that..hehe

Came home and wife says "when will it be lowered"! Damn woman. Going to order up H&R springs in a month. If anyone knows how much to cut the bumpstops when H&R install, please let me know.

ATTACHED ARE SOME QUICK BEFORE AND AFTER SHOTS

Attachments

• IMAG2701.jpg
    IMAG2701.jpg
    946.3 KB · Views: 461
  • IMAG2697.jpg
    IMAG2697.jpg
    971.4 KB · Views: 331
  • IMAG2699.jpg
    IMAG2699.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAG2694.jpg
    IMAG2694.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMAG2539.jpg
    IMAG2539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 360
Looks good, 90210. I'll be interested to see your overall view of the handling once you lower with the upgraded wheels/rubber.

Looks good, 90210. I'll be interested to see your overall view of the handling once you lower with the upgraded wheels/rubber.
I will keep you posted.

I am going to drive it like this 4-6 weeks before lowering .

Get them painted a darker graphite color (i.e. Plastidip) to differentiate from your MS3 :)

Looks great, BTW!

Get them painted a darker graphite color (i.e. Plastidip) to differentiate from your MS3 :)

Looks great, BTW!

Thank you for the kind words :) I do think with the offset, width, even on stock suspension looks so much better than my OEM 17s.

I have been thinking of what color to do. I am wondering if the graphite would look too dark? Thought about coppper/bronze, but that might stand out too much in a Physician only parking lot. LOL

Free car-b-day present! woot.

You need to finish the rims in something the suites the VIP parking space. Any finish with terms like graphite, platinum, titanium should go well :D. Or a different set with deep dish lips in a nice polished finished. Stock for stock, there isn't much as huge of a difference. Not that I'd know why someone from a local LA car club needs winter rims :/.

Last edited:
Free car-b-day present! woot.

You need to finish the rims in something the suites the VIP parking space. Any finish with terms like graphite, platinum, titanium should go well :D. Or a different set with deep dish lips in a nice polished finished. Stock for stock, there isn't much as huge of a difference. Not that I'd know why someone from a local LA car club needs winter rims :/.

Well I need to change cars to fit in the parking lot, as my partner just got a Rapide for his DD. LOL.

My friend takes his MS3 up to big bear all the time, and wants "winter wheels" due to the power his MS3 is putting down.

To tell you the truth, we go to big bear with regular tires in the winter for last 16 yars, never had an issue.

But who am I to complain about free wheels/tires??

My Lexus LS is slammed on SSR Vienna deep dish .... .but I don't want that for the Mazda5.

I am happy with it. :)

We have the Hankook Ventus V(something or another) for almost 2 years and still great tires.

Which is stock? They are similar but one set is twisted.

Back