New to Mazda - 2014 CX-9 GT

RSM_Mazda

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring/FWD/GTtech
Hello everyone! The wife and I just got home after picking up our first Mazda. We purchased a '14 Liquid Silver CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with Tech/Roof Rails/Tow Prep. Hope to post pictures soon.

Hello everyone! The wife and I just got home after picking up our first Mazda. We purchased a '14 Liquid Silver CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with Tech/Roof Rails/Tow Prep. Hope to post pictures soon.

Congrats and welcome! My cousin in L.A. just bought a 2014 CX-9 Grand Touring w/ Tech Pkg last Sept. She also got the Liquid Silver with the gorgeous Black Leather and Suede interior and she loves it. She traded a 2008 Lexus GX470 in on it. What was your previous vehicle, if you don't mind me asking?

Am I correct that you are in Orange County? I live in Georgia but visit my cousin in L.A. several times per year. I love it out there. BTW, I have a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring and just bought a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring last month! I bought my first Mazda in 12/2005 and haven't owned (or wanted) anything else since! =)

Congrats and welcome! My cousin in L.A. just bought a 2014 CX-9 Grand Touring w/ Tech Pkg last Sept. She also got the Liquid Silver with the gorgeous Black Leather and Suede interior and she loves it. She traded a 2008 Lexus GX470 in on it. What was your previous vehicle, if you don't mind me asking?

Am I correct that you are in Orange County? I live in Georgia but visit my cousin in L.A. several times per year. I love it out there. BTW, I have a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring and just bought a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring last month! I bought my first Mazda in 12/2005 and haven't owned (or wanted) anything else since! =)

Thanks! We have the same model and love it so far. We owned Infiniti/Nissans and this will be the first Mazda. I sold my 02 Infiniti G20 Sport 5spd and traded in a 98 Isuzu Rodeo S. We currently own an 04 Infiniti G35 Sedan Sport 5AT. We looked at the new Nissan Pathfinder, but the transmission issues on those scared us away and bumped it off our list (CX-9, Pilot, Highlander). Hopefully we don't regret our decison.

Yes we live in So. Orange County and it's a great place to live..

Thanks! We have the same model and love it so far. We owned Infiniti/Nissans and this will be the first Mazda. I sold my 02 Infiniti G20 Sport 5spd and traded in a 98 Isuzu Rodeo S. We currently own an 04 Infiniti G35 Sedan Sport 5AT. We looked at the new Nissan Pathfinder, but the transmission issues on those scared us away and bumped it off our list (CX-9, Pilot, Highlander). Hopefully we don't regret our decison.

Yes we live in So. Orange County and it's a great place to live..

The handling of the CX-9 puts the Pilot and Highlander (not to mention to the Pathfinder) in the bushes! I've taken my cousin's 2014 GT through Topanga Canyon over to Malibu at 70mph+ without breaking a sweat! =) I've learned that almost any road in the Santa Monica Mountains with "Canyon" in the name means FUN!

I've spent time in a new Pathfinder rental and, just like almost every other Nissan, the CVT is beyond annoying! To be honest, I can't stand the new Pathfinder but I have a good reason- it's because I loved the old 2005-2012 Pathfinder so much! I wish Nissan had left the Pathfinder a real body-on-frame SUV and turned the Murano into the 3-row Crossover. Toyota manages to move close to 60k 4-Runners per year despite the hideous styling, so there's still a market for them...

When I bought my 2012 CX-9, the only other contender was the 2012 Acura MDX (previous-generation) and I chose the CX-9. That's how good it was/is! Trust me, I feel confident that won't regret your decision! (rockon)

I forgot to mention the two Mazda Accessories that I highly recommend for all new CX-9 owners-

The Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Guard (see pic below). It matches the chrome strip above the tag (not shown in the photo) perfectly and really looks amazing!

14CX-9RearBumperGuard.jpg

The other must-have is the Rear Cargo Tray-
14CX-9CargoTray.jpg

Actually there are three, but you already have the Roof Rack!

I forgot to mention the two Mazda Accessories that I highly recommend for all new CX-9 owners-

The Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Guard (see pic below). It matches the chrome strip above the tag (not shown in the photo) perfectly and really looks amazing!

14CX-9CargoTray.jpg

Man...we have the same taste..lol..anyways I forgot to mention our CX-9 already had the bumper guard installed. I am now looking for a good deal on the Rear Cargo Tray.

Man...we have the same taste..lol..anyways I forgot to mention our CX-9 already had the bumper guard installed. I am now looking for a good deal on the Rear Cargo Tray.

Here's a link to the Cargo Tray on the discount Mazda Parts/Accessory site that I've been using since 2006- LINK

It's actually the Parts Dept. of a Mazda dealership in the Birmingham, AL area. Their discounted prices are usually very good and they ship orders over $100 for FREE! They always ship within one business day and I've always had great experiences with them.

That is still the sharpest looking CUV/SUV on the road, IMO!

Woohoo, congrats. I just got one on Wednesday. 2014 GT, meteor gray, with tech. I love it so far.

I'm like the OP, never had a Mazda before the CX. It's been a winner in our house - I've only had one issue in 4 and a half years. I would buy another one if something happened to mine. In fact my wife likes it well enough she's thinking about replacing our Prius with a Mazda. The 5 and a half year truth is the prius only gets between 40 - 42 in town, and you really have to work at it to maintain 43 highway (and we do know how to drive it for maximum economy). Again, we have 53000 miles of experience with our '09, which we bought new. Mazda has small vehicles now getting 40 mpg with some zoom zoom. We'd go for that, since with the Prius if you want to get into traffic in town, you have to notify it a day in advance! So, after all that, welcome to the Mazda family, and the forum. I doubt you leave either. I can't wait for this new 16 + compression ratio no spark plug gasoline engine I just read about in the Mazda magazine this month. Hooah - big time increase in mileage as well. We'll see. Welcome to Critic81 also.

I would take issue with piling too much on the roof top carrier. I'm going to see if I can find my old thread on my cargo carrier as an alternative method. It holds more, and creates zero wind drag, and is much easier to access. If I can find it I'll bump it up again.

Attachments

• Rola Carrier 010.JPG
    Rola Carrier 010.JPG
    752.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

14CX-9CargoTray.jpg

Definitely! Already ordered the rear bumper guard. I think it will look really well, more upscale.

Looked for door sill plates too (like the CX-5 has available) but it seems there is none.

Woohoo, congrats. I just got one on Wednesday. 2014 GT, meteor gray, with tech. I love it so far.

Congrats! That's the color I wanted originally, but the wifey opted for Liquid Silver. Happy Wife..Happy Life :)

Back