Color Matches Mirror Housings with Turn Signals

jetstreamblue

:
2012 Mazda5 GS
My color matched mirror housings with side signals finally arrived! These are standard now but my 2012 GS had plain black housings.

Here are the parts out of the box. Wiring harnesses are included.
9esuge5e.jpg

Housing is held on with six clips. One is hidden and inaccessible so you'll just need to loosen the other ones and force the last one off. I was able to remove both without breaking them.
u3ysuhu4.jpg

I thought it would be easy to clip the new ones on but they took quite a bit of fiddling around to clip. Final results:
yge3a5y2.jpg

sytu2yva.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't think so, the parts I ordered were listed specifically for the current generation.

Edit: I realized they DO look like they're the same. It's a bit confusing, since even on the site where I bought the parts, they use the same pics for both generations, but the part numbers are different.

Last edited:
Paint matches perfectly. I gave the shop the Mazda color code. Wiring is a bit of work but not that bad. Hardest part is messing with the rubber boot on the door harness. Just take your time.

Cool, I've added this to the how-to list.
If you can, please add the source of the items you got and part numbers if you have them and location of the color code.

@Donewood Yup, saw your thread before. I think they're even more useful on the 2012+ because our cars don't come with the fender turn signals.

Two years, two hard winters, lots of Hiway Kms. 0 problems... they should last you the life of the car. And I agree, even better with no fender markers. If an LED Should die a little effort and plastic model building skills should allow for inexpensive replacement.

That's good to know, although being OEM parts we would expect them to last.
I just looked at a 2014 5 today and realised that the signals on the mirrors are shaped differently from mine. My parts were OEM for Asian market, I wonder if they changed them there as well. In any case, I like the ones I got more. The new 2014 ones have two LED's facing forward as opposed to three in the ones I got. It's also shaped as a bar with rounded end instead of the wedge shape end.

Where do you connect the wiring? Is there a free connector already in the door / mirror?... or did you have to splice/solder them into an existing circuit?

Oh yuck... that's a long wiring run. I'm surprised they couldn't splice closer the body ECU -- I'll have to review the wiring diagram to see if there ins't a better place to splice.

Thanks for replying to my post.

I was thinking that the easiest point would be on the rear harness right at or near the door.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Can someone explain how to remove the mirror so I can get to the clips for the cover? I was afraid of breaking the glass if I bend it too far.

Also, is there existing wiring for the turn signal? (I have a 2014 Mazda 5 GS, Canada)

No need to remove the Mirror glass. The cover is held on by it's own spring tension. Just like other plastic toys.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back