Any experience with the OEM Soft Cargo Liner, Perimeter Alarm and other accessories?

AndyS

:
2013 CX9 Sport
Whats up guys! I am a new 2013 CX9 owner here and am looking for some advice on two accessories I couldn't find a whole lot of information on after searching the forums.

1) I'd like to know if anyone has tried the mazda soft cargo liner instead of the the rubber mat variants. In theory what I like about it is that it would also cover the back of the second row. My wife and I will be putting in stroller into the cargo area which is likely going to lead to dirty wheels rubbing against the back of the second row seats. But I wonder if it's going to be a pain to clean compared to the rubber mat style which can just be hosed down and air dried or if the soft liner will simply look stupid once installed. (The third row of the car will not be used often at all so that is not really a concern of mine.)

2) Has anyone either purchased the oem perimeter alarm accessory and done the install themselves? Is it a pain to install and does it really add any peace of mind or offer decent additional alarm performance? I am afraid that it might just be a glorified shock sensor and I can't find any install guides online for it so far either so I have really no idea what I'd be getting into with this one.

3) From what I can tell plenty of people have added the Auto Dimming Mirror with Homelink to their CX9's... I am hoping to do the same but I think I would like to attempt the install myself (I've done a few car audio installs and pulled some interior panels in the past so I am not a complete stranger to such work). I've also found the Mazda PDF instructions for this install and it seems not over complicated. Got any words of advice, encouragement or discouragement? :)

Thanks taking the time to answer any of my questions or give feedback!

Last edited:
Hahaha!
322 views and only 2 "replies" (not real replies) (dunno)
Oh well...

I know this is an old thread, but I just installed the Homelink mirror and it was crazy easy. Just three wires, two of which connect with a T-Tap right at the driver's feet and you have to drill a hole and put a screw in for the ground.

Just bought a new 14 CX-9 GT. Opted for the Weather Tech cargo liner since it will contain spills with the lip.

Just got done installing remote start. Wasn't too bad except for all the sharp edge under the dash.

Last edited:
We purchased the three piece rubber (?) liner for the rear, as well as the all weather liners from our local Mazda dealer. Love the fit of all three row mats and the cargo ones do really well since they go up the back of the third row seats and protect that, too. Don't pay to have them installed - too simple to install yourself. Glad to answer any other questions you might have.

I'd recommend Husky Cargo liner, that's what I have and also had it in my previous SUV as well. Its thick and tough and the high lip around the edges makes this a spill proof cargo liner. If you need the 3rd row, just roll it to the end and still fits in the very back of cargo area with all seats up.

Since this thread has been brought up again, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I use a product called the HatchBag https://www.hatchbag.com/suvcargoliner_hatchbag.php. I had one in my old 6 and it worked great for dogs, potting soil, mud, etc. It was "custom" made for the 6 wagon, but instead of dropping the $170 on a new one, I decided to get the wagon one to work. Actually fits quite nicely (a little bunchy in spots were the shock towers are different), but all-in-all it's a great solution. It's a material sort of like Timbuk2 uses to line their messenger bags (if you're familiar) or like a billboard material. Really durable, easy to clean, and contains messes completely (waterproof). I took it out of the 6 before I sold it and it looked like I never had anything back there.

Picture of install in the 9, the HatchBag is almost 5 years old at this point:
IMG_2417_zps0e005bf6.jpg

Back