Coilovers options for Protege

02ProtegeDX

:
Mazda Protege DX
Hi all,
I was hoping to get some opinions on coilovers for my 2002 Mazda Protg. I am really looking for something that will improve the performance but also lower the car a bit. Right now I have Ground Control coilovers on and I hate them because they are ghetto rigged on my car. I really just wanted them because of the stiffer springs as my old tein springs were causing the back fenders to rub the tires when ever I had people in the back. Anyways I think now I just want real coilovers and would love to hear your guys opinions on who makes the best quality and that aren't over $1200( I know you have to pay to play but I am a college student so that's all I got to work with). Here what I have come up with so far:

BC Racing BR series
Ksport Kontrol Pro
D2 Racing RS
Megan Racing Street Series

I am looking for some that will go pretty low and that aren't too stiff but are also reliable. If anyone has had any experience with these or could give me any advice on these your input would be much appreciated

Last edited:
psssstttt......If you want the "BEST" go look at FORTUNE AUTO, look em up on various forums and see what ppl. are saying....BC Racing would be my next choice.

I went ahead and got these... didn't get the swift springs its just going to be a dd so I don't really need those

Congrats bud! Make sure to write a review after you've gotten them installed, put like 500 miles on them then let the community know as it will benefit others. Take your time and find the proper settings to suit your style of driving. Don't make the mistake of just slapping them on with the stiffest setting then say they are crap. I've seen this done before.....How much did the set up run u?

I will be sure to set them up correctly and do a write up about it. They were $1170 on ebay which wasn't too bad since they are $1200 directly from fortune auto.

HECK yeah throw us a review on these. After reading the Fortune Auto site I am all about having custom fit gear. Really interested in hearing how this turns out since it will be the next step after the engine build.

I received the coilovers and were impressed by the packaging and the amount of care fortune auto put into these. It took me about 4-6 hours to install(would have taken less time if I hadn't taken so many breaks). Easy to install and everything worked great. I drove the car around about 5 miles and came back to raise the suspension up when I noticed that the front passenger shock was leaking oil. I called fortune auto and told them what happened and they were very easy to work with me and warranty it. I had to pay for shipping to and from which was a little annoying since I have just got them but It wasn't too much. It took about 2 weeks to get it back and after about 30min I was back up and running. I have had a chance to autocross with these and they performed very well. On the highway they can be a little bouncy at times but I have them set to half stiffness. Other than the little hiccup with the bad shock I love these coilovers. One other problem that I have run in to is using stock rear endlinks with the suspension lowered. I have the coilovers set pretty low and the rear swaybar had been hitting the top of the rear lateral link. I am hoping to fix this soon by getting an AWR rear swaybar and adjustable endlinks.

Sorry to hear about the leaking shock but at least the worked with you, post another review after you have driven around for a month or so and let's hear about it...PICS??

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back