First Add on's?

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So since my p5 is my first car and I barely have experience, I was wondering what some of you veterans first did to your p5 way back then. Was it internal or external? Cold-air intake or exhausts maybe? Just curious and would love a little nudge to the right direction.

So since my p5 is my first car and I barely have experience, I was wondering what some of you veterans first did to your p5 way back then. Was it internal or external? Cold-air intake or exhausts maybe? Just curious and would love a little nudge to the right direction.

Really depends on what you really want to do and how much you want to spend on it :)

Personally, I started by getting my own car in tip-top shape, its usually easy to do and ensures you have all the power your car should.

An easy upgrade is a cold air intake, gets you started on upgrades and gives you a tiny power boost.

Really depends on what you really want to do and how much you want to spend on it :)

Personally, I started by getting my own car in tip-top shape, its usually easy to do and ensures you have all the power your car should.

An easy upgrade is a cold air intake, gets you started on upgrades and gives you a tiny power boost.

Yeah first thing I did was fix the flickering fan speed/headlight. I had an inspection and the car is in great shape! I already have rims, tints, and an upgraded sound system, so as of now I'm gonna remove the unfinished roof rack that was left over when I purchased the car and from there I'll start adding an intake and the lowering process.

Based off of my build and what I have done, here is the order I would recommend doing things

1. Short Throw Shifter
2. Aftermarket Motor Mounts
3. Suspension and Sway Bar
4. Exhaust (catback at least)

It's really all up to you, though

Of all the things I've done on mine I like the variable intermittent wiper mod.

lol.... my first for a 2002 & the best upgrade ever is new (2003) cup holders

I also just got some new summer tires... perhaps not an "upgrade" but sure makes a huge difference

Last edited:
i think for any car upgrade is from the ground up.
than mean light weight wheels and best tires you can afford.
upgrade such a cold air intake barely give you anything and usually mean less torque.

Back