Wtb. I need a stock Garrett t25 turbo in a bad way.

Tarbino

:
2003.5 Mazda speed protege
My turbo seals went and I'm trying to find one with minimum shaft play, and in good condition. I going to send mine out but need something for my downtime on that one. Cash in hand.

Last edited:
Tarbino, the Gt25R is none repairable. In order to repair it you will need a whole new CHRA. I would recommend you purchasing the new CHRA or finding a used one on the forum since the CHRA can run you from $600 and up. I know this might be bad news but, I ran the same problem and I made the mistake of trusting someone who told me it could be fixed by sending it to a Turbo repair shop.

Yes I do know about all the CHRA info. But Garrett does repair and replace the CHRA for close to 400ish. I'm new to the forum and literally just bought my car last week. I notice oil coming from my BOV. Pulled intake pipe and found that the seal was shot in the turbo. By any chance could you send me a link to the one for sale. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Still finding my way around the site.

If anyone has the oem turbo in good condition or know where one is please let me know. I need it in bad bad way.

hmmm are you SURE they repair/replace the chra for $400? everywhere ive seen the CHRA replacement it has been over $700.. which ist ill better than $1300 for a new turbo.

I'm not 100% sure. I have emailed them and now waiting on a response. From what I have read I think they may. They even have a section on their site that talks about it. Just not sure if they are referring to the T25R. I could absolutely be wrong!!!!! So we will see.

Last edited:
hmmm are you SURE they repair/replace the chra for $400? everywhere ive seen the CHRA replacement it has been over $700.. which ist ill better than $1300 for a new turbo.
I can't find the link now but there is a site that sells brand new Garrett T25s for around $650.

Yep...OEM is non-repairable...

Ok so I have found two company's that Garrett turbo has referred me to. The company I sent my turbo out to today is Limit Engineering in Az. The total charge or the rebuild is $325+Returned shipping. They said as long as the housing are in good shape and the blades did not touch I'll be looking at a total of around $360 ship. The turn around time is 2-5 days. So I should have mine back in about two weeks.

Back