New Guy here

autogeek23

:
03 Protege5
My girlfriend just bought an 03 P5 in pure white. 93k on the clock. auto trans. i knew i would like this car, but i love this car.

wish it had a sunroof. has the subwoofer in the spare tire compartment tho!

already bought the auxmod and am going to do that soon. i daily drive a 95 camry and once my small loan is paid off i want a 5 speed P5.

Cool score, welcome aboard............sportronic or regular auto with OD?
If I'm not mistaken, all the 2002.5 to 2003.5 P5s had the sportronic standard... the regular auto was only for the original 2002s.

Wish my P5 also had a sunroof, lol :( My first one, before it got totaled, had one, and now I'm really missing it as the weather is getting warmer.

Thanks guys! I love the white!! It has the sportronic shifter.

I'm thinking of plasti dipping the wheels just as an experiment. Before we get rims for it.

Whenever we go anywhere I drive it.

Oh and it needs tint. Is there a how to on the diy fog light mod? I hate that you can't drive with just parking lights and fog lights.

So I tightened one of the belts and it still squeaks loudly. I know there is two adjustments. One from the top and the other I'm guessing you have to remove the passenger wheel to get to. Right?

No, just need tiny monkey hands to get in to do the lock bolt and adjuster on top of the alternator and you can get to the bottom pivot bolt from under the car. That is most likely the one squealing. I had to give mine another tightening recently. Just do it a little bit at a time until noise stops, don't want it super tight and have it start messing with bearings in alt and wp.

You can also loosen the bolts and undo the plug to the cruise control module and move it out of the way. That should free up some space for ya.

Welcome, and +1 to idrivemyp5. Had to do this over the weekend and still have no idea how my arms fit down there.

i will be taking a stab at it soon. also will be sanding down the inside lip of the rear wheel wells before this surface rust becomes a real issue. its a clean car but i can see possible issues arising. also more mods to come!!

i plan on plasti dipping the stock wheels anthrecyt grey and glossifying them. ill post it up when i do.

Back