New Mazda 5 owner - so happy!

mimieliza

:
2014 Mazda5 Touring
I brought home my 2014 Mazda 5 Touring today, and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's replacing a 2003 Kia Sedona. Thanks for having such a great forum, the info here helped influence my decision greatly.

Paid $21,490 out the door. :D

1010138_10152328888541970_7171386305554953109_n.jpg

Congrats! It looks great. I wish Mazda had made manual transmission available on upper trims.

I traded my 2011 KIA Soul in on a 2013 Mazda5. We already had a 2008 Mazda5 so now we have two. I'm hoping that they'll breed and we'll end up with a baby Miata soon.

I brought home my 2014 Mazda 5 Touring today, and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's replacing a 2003 Kia Sedona. Thanks for having such a great forum, the info here helped influence my decision greatly.

Paid $21,490 out the door. :D

View attachment 206959

Welcome to the club! Not a bad deal as well on a new wheels.
Just out of curiosity, why did you trade the Kia in? Issues with car or just looking for a newer toy?
Mazda is for sure smaller inside compare to kia.

The Kia was a 2003... had a wiring problem with the SRS system that caused the airbag warning light to always be on. Despite assurances from Kia and my mechanic that the system would still operate, I just felt uneasy about it. Also, I started a new job with a lot of driving, and the Kia just wasn't up for it... 140K miles, terrible fuel economy, and the a/c stopped working. Definitely time for an upgrade. When choosing a new ride, it was down to the Kia Sorento or the Mazda 5. We were priced out of getting an Odyessy, which is what we really wanted. But for two kids, the Odyssey is kind of overkill, as far as size is concerned.

As much as I like the Odyssey, I can't believe how pricey the Sienna/Odysseys are. How do middle class families afford them?

Growin up we had a 1987 Toyota Van Dual Sunroof with Ice Maker (engine under driver). RWD.

Yea van prices are insane. My wife has a VW Routan. We paid $29,500 for it before tax and licensing with navi and dual rear LCDs. It stickered for $37k, which is friggin insane. A similar Sienna or Odyssey would've been about $40k.

^^^

That is the thing. I don't see how middle class families paying 40K for these vans. Its not like they aren't selling. I see tons of Sienna/Odyssey daily.

I mean I have a few sports cars that cost a pretty penny (to me), but they aren't your necessary family car, they are a luxury.

These 40k vans are a necessity for your average family. Guess just a sign of the times....

I can understand paying 40K for a Toyota Alphard but not a sienna/oddy

Back