Circuit's 03.5 Protege5

Even if the IAC would open for some weird reason the o2 sensor should pick up on that and make the computer dump more fuel. Sorry i'm still stuck on fuel. I'll be quiet now. :)

New OEM FPR and intake manifold plenum gasket ordered.

i had a bad throttle body shaft which added to my boost leak. just get a replacement one from alex todd or junk yard. they're pretty cheap. please dont part it out lol

i had a bad throttle body shaft which added to my boost leak. just get a replacement one from alex todd or junk yard. they're pretty cheap. please dont part it out lol

Really hoping that's not the issue. Got the IM pulled off and split yesterday. Just waiting on the FPR and plenum gasket to button it back up.

i hope you fix it soon. if it is the TB, it's east. just replace the whole thing

Quick update: new FPR, IM plenum gasket, and OEM IM gaskets on both sides of the thermal spacer. Tightened it down as hard as I dared. Still same problem :(

Infinite lean at light throttle while cruising. As long as I am accelerating it is fine. I even took it to a BBQ about 15 mins away.

Sent an email inquiry to a local shop to see if they can do the troubleshooting/smoke test....

Have you ever run the exhaust header and cai at the same time before? A part of me wants to say the increased flow with a stock tune could be causing your lean problem, but the other part of me doesn't want to blame your mods because you have such a clean build

Have you ever run the exhaust header and cai at the same time before? A part of me wants to say the increased flow with a stock tune could be causing your lean problem, but the other part of me doesn't want to blame your mods because you have such a clean build

Yes I've had the head and cold air box for a while

Seriously man those AFRs look fine to me. Short of knocking (which should show up as a CEL IIRC), enjoy it.

Seriously man those AFRs look fine to me. Short of knocking (which should show up as a CEL IIRC), enjoy it.

They are not normal though. The --- lean at cruising, coupled with the bogging when it happens, is a clear signal to me that something is wrong. It wasn't like this before the rebuild.

You said it runs perfect when cold right?

Then it has these problems when hot? Or only after a few minutes when the ecu runs on the open loop not the cold closed loop?

You said it runs perfect when cold right?

Then it has these problems when hot? Or only after a few minutes when the ecu runs on the open loop not the cold closed loop?

Right, it runs well when cold and only starts going lean at light throttle after driving for 15-20 mins.

Back