Adding Cruise Control to Mazda 2 - 2011 Model

AussieMazda

:
Mazda 2, 2011 model Auto
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and from what I have read, it is certainly a great place to exchange ideas. I have a Mazda 2, 2011 Australia model, auto, which does not have cruise control. According to the door pillar sticker the vehicle was built in 07/2011, but according to the ID plate in the engine compartment it states 08/2011.
Can anybody help? I would like to add an OEM cruise control. I have seen other vehicles which are the same year and model and they have come with factory cruise!!! according to local advertising the Mazda 2 came with factory cruise from about 08/2011. My car has a drive-by-wire system and from what I can determine the Body Control Module is the same from 2010 through to 2013. Are the cruise control functions handled by the BCM? I am thinking that the steering wheel control buttons may need to be connected to a BUS cable on the audio control buttons on the steering wheel. Am I on the right track? I was also thinking that if the BCM handles the cruise control functions then this function may need to be turned on some how. Reprogramming maybe??
Appreciating any help or suggestions as my use of the car has changed and I need make a number of long journeys each month.
Regards Ted.

Hi Ted,
Did you fit the cruise control after all? Did it work?
I would like to do the same!
Let me know.
Thanks,
Takskal

Back