GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

It appears there are quite a few drastic changes from the original design. I have yet to install v2 which i thought was the polished progression of v1. I know there have been reported cracks in the EGR block, so I understand the reason for changing that design. However, everything else seems like a significant digression from v2. This makes me weary of v2's capability/durability especially after dropping good coin for it. Rich, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

I had a v2 come back with a cracked plenum after running 30ish psi on a larger turbo, so that is why the plenum material is getting bumped up a step. Other than the EGR change which you mentioned, the other changes are to shift the bulk of the production from my fab guy to the machine shop. I am hoping this will cut down on the time it takes to build from start to finish. Functionally they are going to be almost identical.

is there a payment plan that will go along with the last one? i read up on it and there was a payment plan on the manifold. if so can i have details and i am wanting to be on the list?!

1. Hammo
2. Protege3690
3. Turboj1 (no EGR)
4. Duren03msp
5. Destineal
6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon
8. 1sicspeed

1. Hammo
2. Protege3690
3. Turboj1 (no EGR)
4. Duren03msp
5. Destineal
6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon
8. 1sicspeed
9. Paniaguae640

505 would you be doing payment plan on this gb just like you did on previous ones?

is there a payment plan that will go along with the last one? i read up on it and there was a payment plan on the manifold. if so can i have details and i am wanting to be on the list?!

Definitely.

Typically, I just need the initial deposit (TBD for this batch after final pricing is in), and then I do whatever I can to work with anyone that needs to do payments. :)

Man if I didnt have to deal with smog..I can imagine yes sir that is stock

Half round plenum...ooo. square plenum was my only complaint on previous design. Will have to seriously consider a 505 now. Save me hours of r&d to build my own...

For you guys that is on the fence of saying yes. I have one of the original 505 intake. And I must say I have never had any problem with it works great. If you already have your car tuned with a stock or semi mod intake. when you purchase this one and it comes. And before you change it out drive your car first. Remember how it felt then put this one on and you will be able to tell the difference right away. This intake in my opinion is a very good buy.

me ! :)

Looking for a batch of 10 to get the new design off the ground and produced.

Changes from the original design:

Half-round plenum.
Plenum thickness increased to .125".
Redesigned remote-mounted EGR hookup.
Redesigned vacuum port setup.
All-In-One main flange with machined fuel rail mounts and machined round to oval runner transition.
Larger radius velocity stack design.

I am also going to try and fit a 90* TB mounting in there (no promises on that just yet though).

Pricing will be close to the original, but may go up a little depending on final cost for the new main flange.

Who's interested?

Back