GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

505zoom

Breathe
:
2003 MSP #119
Looking for a batch of 10 to get the new design off the ground and produced.

Changes from the original design:

Half-round plenum.
Plenum thickness increased to .187".
Redesigned EGR hookup.
Redesigned vacuum port setup.
All-In-One main flange with machined fuel rail mounts.

Pricing will be close to the original, but may go up a little depending on final cost for the new main flange.

Who's interested?

Last edited:
Can this be used on a supercharged setup? How about NA? Also will there need to be tuning when this is installed or can this be used on stock ecu?

Can this be used on a supercharged setup? How about NA? Also will there need to be tuning when this is installed or can this be used on stock ecu?

Not sure if there's a huge benefit on NA, but on FI applications ( WITH TUNING ) the benefits are there, more so in the mid to upper rpm range. Anything added to your engine for performance should be tuned, it could be the difference between 5hp vs 15hp. Stock ECU should benefit somewhat but not to it's true potential

I really would love to have one of these. if i wasn't in the middle of trying to build the motor i would be on this. if i could swing the extra cash it would be the perfect time to pick one up.

Looking for a batch of 10 to get the new design off the ground and produced.

Changes from the original design:

Half-round plenum.
Plenum thickness increased to .125".
Redesigned remote-mounted EGR hookup.
Redesigned vacuum port setup.
All-In-One main flange with machined fuel rail mounts and machined round to oval runner transition.
Larger radius velocity stack design.

I am also going to try and fit a 90* TB mounting in there (no promises on that just yet though).

Pricing will be close to the original, but may go up a little depending on final cost for the new main flange.

Who's interested?

It appears there are quite a few drastic changes from the original design. I have yet to install v2 which i thought was the polished progression of v1. I know there have been reported cracks in the EGR block, so I understand the reason for changing that design. However, everything else seems like a significant digression from v2. This makes me weary of v2's capability/durability especially after dropping good coin for it. Rich, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back