GI: 505 Cold Air Box Round 2

I've been getting a lot of requests for these over the past couple weeks, so I think it's about time for round 2!

Please check out the original GB thread if you're not familiar with this piece: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823991-505-Cold-Air-Box-GB

Edit - The actual GB thread is now live, and you can find it here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123846244-505-Cold-Air-Box-Round-2-*GB*

The Gist:

- Cold air temps (tested up to ~145*F colder vs SRI under normal operating conditions)
- No hydrolock risk that is common with standard CAI setups
- Less filter cleaning vs other SRI and CAI setups

CIMG5567.jpg

The Details:

Add yourself to the list if you're interested and tell me what you need, be it a full kit for sedan, or a box only for wagon, etc. I also need to know if you are turbo or N/A, and what kind of finishing option you want.

Pricing from the original GB is going to hold up about the same, and I need upwards of 10 boxes to make the old prices work and get this party rollin'. (rockon)

The tl;dr:

Because there are so many combos here, please list the following:

A) Headlight style
B) Kit type (full kit / box only / box and pipes)
C) N/A or turbo
D) Finishing

Example:

1. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
2. xxxxxxxx - wagon - box only - N/A - anodized black
3. xxxxxxxx - sedan - box + piping - N/A - powdercoated silver
4. xxxxxxxx - wagon - full kit - turbo - bare

The Group:

*. 505zoom - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
1: Fuadmsp - Box no piping - 4in inlet for gtx30 - polished - p5 headlights - debating on filter what kind of options
2: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
3: RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted - 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
4: Perro del Sol - Sedan - box only - Turbo - Anondized Black
5: Viralphrame - Sedan - Full C.A.B. Kit - MSP/turbo - Bare/No Finish (WITH BPV and PCV nipples)
6: Circuit - P5 w/ P5 headlights - CAB top only w/o AC cut-out - Anodized Black
7: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
8: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
9: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
10:

Last edited:
im out because it wont work with my dg hood with the built in intake scope that i just bought
1:
2: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
5: Viralphrame - Sedan - Full C.A.B. Kit - MSP/turbo - Bare/No Finish (WITH BPV and PCV nipples)
7: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
10:

fuadmsp im out because it wont work with my dg hood with the built in intake scope that i just bought
1:
10: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639

Last edited:
I had a buyer bail on my last first round box, it is powdercoated and set up for the sedan headlights. I can build whatever piping for it.

CIMG5573.jpg

CIMG5575.jpg

Pricing for it is the same as a powdercoated box from the first batch.

Any takers?

1: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - bare piping with breather port + black anodized box (no filter) - black couplings
2: RyanJayG - Sedan - Boosted - 4" inlet - Black anodized box only
3: Perro del Sol - Sedan - box only - Turbo - Anondized Black
4: Circuit - P5 w/ P5 headlights - CAB top only w/o AC cut-out - Anodized Black
5: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
6: TX Speed Demon - sedan - full kit - turbo - polished
7: rickyfinch-msp-box only- polished. Injen piping?
8: 3" box msp- jbrewer4639
9:
10:

Sadly I will have to withdraw from this GB as unexpected things have put a big damper on my financial flexibility. I offer my sincere apologies to Rich and the others on this list.

want, want, want, want, want, want..............................................and need cutout for AC.....damn, hope I have all variables covered now. List updated...........

1: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - with AC cutout - bare piping with breather port - black anodized box - no filter - black couplings
5: Hammo - P5 w/P5 headlights - Full Kit - Turbo - 4 inch inlet for GTX30 - Anodized Black..... praying for more people for cheaper price
9:
10:

1: i12drivemyMP5 - P5 w/ P5 headlights - N/A - with AC cutout - bare piping with breather port - black anodized box - no filter - black couplings
9: LinuxRacr - sedan - 3 inch piping - turbo - polished only
10:

Couplers are not Samco.

I need to sell the last box from the first group. If that one doesn't move I am probably not doing a second batch.

I'll be the 10th person if someone buys that sedan box. Its $200 shipped right for just the box right?

10: 02protege5wagon - P5 headlights, anodized black just the box if its $200 shipped. If its more for the anodized black then I'll just go polished.

side note: has anyone tried this on a hiboost kit? I think I can make it work since the version I have is the intake pipe going over the turbo manifold.

Maybe I missed a pm, you missed one, or something; but I was the one interested in the set that is already made and I never got a price with shipping. So...I didn't bail out, but I'm not transferring money until I see the final price.

I'm also inclined to ask for a bit off since I wouldn't have asked for powerdercoated originally. If someone else takes this one though; I will hop in on the new round. You can either sell this to me; and if you happen to sell it to someone else on the list I will take their place in the new batch. Win win I think.

Maybe I missed a pm, you missed one, or something; but I was the one interested in the set that is already made and I never got a price with shipping. So...I didn't bail out, but I'm not transferring money until I see the final price.

I'm also inclined to ask for a bit off since I wouldn't have asked for powerdercoated originally. If someone else takes this one though; I will hop in on the new round. You can either sell this to me; and if you happen to sell it to someone else on the list I will take their place in the new batch. Win win I think.

I sent one on 2/02 with the pics, then one on 2/07 with shipped price, and the last one on 2/24 saying I needed to start PM'ing other people on the list.

Sale is pending to TX Speed Demon, and hopefully we will get moving on the next batch this week or next week.

The box setup looks beautiful... can i have a #11 spot?

10: 02protege5wagon - P5 headlights, anodized black just the box if its $200 shipped. If its more for the anodized black then I'll just go polished.
11: Apowell0224 - MP5 w/ p5 lights, N/A, Polished + piping, red or black couplings

I have a meeting set up for Monday at Waterjet to talk about pricing for the batch we currently have. I was hoping for more people since we are doing 2 different boxes now, and I have received a few PM's from people that expressed interest but ultimately never put their name on the list. Hopefully pricing from them for the split and smaller batch will be manageable. If all goes well we'll start this next week.

Back