What did you pay for your Mazda3 w/ Taxes and Fees?

Hi all, new here. I upgraded my 2006 Mazda3 i to a 2014 Mazda3 i Grand Touring hatch yesterday. I got the car for $22,250 + $500 in doc fees (excluding tax and registration). They showed me the invoice which stated $24195 (if I recall correctly, 24.1 something) as what they paid for it.

I got the $750 loyalty rebate, and a model with wheel locks and the rear bumper guard (only model they had in one of the two colors I liked).

They showed you the MSRP you mean, the iGT starts at $23,245 (MSRP from Mazda's site). Still seems like a good price. Gotta love those doc fees!!! I paid about 400 in them :( Should call them Added Dealer Profit fees.

They showed you the MSRP you mean, the iGT starts at $23,245 (MSRP from Mazda's site). Still seems like a good price. Gotta love those doc fees!!! I paid about 400 in them :( Should call them Added Dealer Profit fees.

I should have mentioned it was an automatic, which jumps the MSRP up to $24,295. And yeah... the doc fees, the sales manager came out and talked with me himself and even pointed out the factory holdback on the invoice itself and explained that the doc fees was one of the only places of profit. I was kind of thrown off by how upfront they were about it.

Edit, and I made a gross typo. $23,250 with delivery fee excluded.

Last edited:
In New York doc fee is limited to $75. it was preprinted on the contract. The salesman told me everyone pays it even when he sells a car to his mother.

Hey folks...

New to the forum and hopefully, will be a new Mazda3 owner soon (not my 1st Mazda though)

Here are my numbers/quote for a 2014 2.5 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT

Car's price: 27290
Accessories: 853
Gov Fees: 130 (I do believe this is license plate, registration, etc)
Document Fees: 195.55
Taxes: 1820.39

OTD: 30288.94

I certainly find that price really high. I live in Texas by the way.

Any comments?

Hey folks...

New to the forum and hopefully, will be a new Mazda3 owner soon (not my 1st Mazda though)

Here are my numbers/quote for a 2014 2.5 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT

Car's price: 27290
Accessories: 853
Taxes: 1820.39

OTD: 30288.94

I certainly find that price really high. I live in Texas by the way.

Any comments?

I would get them down some more on the price of the car, your looking at 28143 for the car with the accessories you want and destination I assume you added in already. I paid a little less then that, but mine had the 3TE tech package which is a 2600 dollar accessory. Tell them to take another 1000 off the price of the car and you'll have a good deal.

I would get them down some more on the price of the car, your looking at 28143 for the car with the accessories you want and destination I assume you added in already. I paid a little less then that, but mine had the 3TE tech package which is a 2600 dollar accessory. Tell them to take another 1000 off the price of the car and you'll have a good deal.

Thanks for the feedback.

I also noticed that they didn't include the Mazda loyalty bonus, which is 750. But not sure if that's dealer 's choice.

Gotta love those doc fees!!! I paid about 400 in them :( Should call them Added Dealer Profit fees.

That's crazy. Good thing in CA it's limited to $80. Sucks for the states that have no limit. I can't imagine how inflated they can get because of dealer profit.

I also noticed that they didn't include the Mazda loyalty bonus, which is 750. But not sure if that's dealer 's choice.

That shouldn't be the dealer's choice. The offer is through Mazda and is valid until 2/28 from dealer stock (so I'm assuming the dealer has to have it on current inventory).

This is my counter offer:

Car's price (including accessories): 27143
Taxes: 1696

Which is $29164.5

So ...

$29164.55 - $750.00 Loyalty bonus = 28414.55 OTD price

Still waiting for any replies. But I won't pay over of 30k for that car, no way ...

Got a deal

Had a hard time at the dealer, literally. You really need to know about amortization and math or you won't get a good deal.

Got mine, finally, for $27290 without taxes and fees. "Magically", the 800 bucks on accessories disappear , lol ...

Last edited:
I paid invoice for my s Touring hatch in Alhambra. Go in knowing the invoice and try to make the dealers fight for your business lol thats what I did and Alhambra matched the quote the dealer in Irvine gave me.

hi there. whats the invoice price for the s touring. and how much your out the door price total. 'coz i got a quote for s touring hb for the out the door price of 26573. is that high and bad? need o help coz picking the car tonight. it includes wheel lock, homelink with compass, rear bumber guard and cargo mat.
thanks

Last edited:
hi there. whats the invoice price for the s touring. and how much your out the door price total. 'coz i got a quote for s touring hb for the out the door price of 26573. is that high and bad? need o help coz picking the car tonight. it includes wheel lock, homelink with compass, rear bumber guard and cargo mat.
thanks

Its hard to tell with OTD prices because every state has different taxes and fees. I'd say that's a good price though. My brother just bought the same model for very close to that here in va.

Just ordered mine today :) Can't wait for it to arrive!

My order price was just a smidge under invoice :)

I got a Red Soul Metallic sGT with the new tech package, door sill trim, cargo tray, cargo net, all-weather floor mats, gas/brake/dead alloy pedals, and rear spoiler for $29,435 before taxes and fees (base price before anything was added was around $25,355). Tax is 6% here and the doc fees/tag/title are $215. Total cost is $31,417 right now. However, the final sale price will depend on the incentives available at the time of the car's arrival. I used the S-plan, so any incentives available when the car comes in will also apply to this price. Still looking to add the aero kits and the 18" black wheels, but if not I'll just do the mud guards. Also, the S-plan got me 20% off of all the accessories.

Problem here is dealers don't have but ONE GT in stock and claim there is only 1 S Touring on the east coast, My OTD price was gong to be $26567 Plus $300 sales tax. I would rather not have the moon roof and the larger engine and 18 in wheels. So the S Touring fits the bill. NO traffic here so I don;t need the tech and the self leveling HIDS. Just sold an Infiniti EX35 Great car. MAzda is kind of the same with local service. HAd to drive 100 miles for Infiniti service but they always gave me a G37 to use. MAzda Service Manager says no loaners on Mazdas. That is one thing I really liked about owning a premium Japanese brand.

Service is fantastic. I would miss that. But I cannot get what I want so I will probably go with another in warranty Premium Japanese brand used for the same money, I cannot wrap my head around a $30,000 Mazda. IF I could have picked up a $25K S Touring I would jump at it but I could even find one to test drive against the Infiniti,

Last edited:
FYI NO ONE has to pay "Doc Fees" They are printed on the buyers Contract for sure but can be removed from the bottom line. I never pay them. I make my Tax plus title offer and they write it up and do the numbers however they have to to make the column add up with the printed doc fee. So yeah they are being "paid". But that amount has been reduced from the price of the car in negotiations.

Wife got her iTouring Hatch MT base model (no accessory packages) for $20600, tax paid OTD. Very straight dealer, no prep charges, no other fees, no dealer BS added. Helluva deal.

Last edited:
what state are from

I went to a dealer and he wanted me to pay 21500 for a mazda 3 i touring sedan 2014 out the doorm, with no add ons is that a good price.

Big Island of Hawaii here,

I paid $27,786.47 OTD for my 3S GT Hatchback, w/ no additional options.

Price before TTL was $26,300.00

Back