jasyatz build thread

jasyatz

:
2013 Mazda2 Sport
e340bd434f0b6388a67b01eab9ff52bc.jpg

100405491e8bb94f4b9253743f78020b.jpg

I'll update a parts list later. inspekt helped me out with info on how to post pics.

Last edited:
Glad to help! I was visiting for about a week back in August, but back in Portland now. Next time I'm in town I'll give you shout!

How do you like those wheels? I had my eyes on those a while back too...

Thanks, and thanks for the help on posting the pics. Are you still in NJ?

Looking good. Anxious to see the parts list. I know for sure there are some unique suspension parts.

Mod list as of today:

15x7.5 TRM C1M wheels with 225/45/15 BFG Rivals, Although I'm liking the car with a staggered setup a bit better but still undecided if I'm really in love with the Rvals or just like the wider front tire with the narrow rear tire.

FRONT:
Bilstein coilover kit with 450 lb front springs and modified stock upper strut hats to make the 2.25" springs fit. 2.25" Helper springs and retainers.
Camber bolts and slotted the lower hole to get 2.8' front camber.
Front toe set to zero, but adjusted to 3/16" out for events.

REAR
Stock Bilstein kit springs with custom spacers.
Rear Tri Point swaybar set at 2 turns
Rear toe is 1/4" out

Ride height is at 23 7/8" front and rear. measured at fender lip.

MISC
Injen CAI wrapped with 3 layers of Home Depot water heater foil wrap
Custom made "quick fit" 4 point safety racing harness
Stock mid pipe and "clearanced " Racing Beat muffler
3m filled lower engine mount
Mazda Bluetooth kit (self installed)
Custom rear view mirror with temperature and compass, tinted to factory "race orange"
"I'd rather be autocrossing" plate frame from Solotime.
Auto up/down controller for passenger side front window.

That's all for now, have the Dynotronics tune coming (soon) along with the 2014 " I have no idea what tire I'm running" tire test in the spring.

Jeff.

I thought you were running those custom dampers from red shift, did it not work out?

I'm probably only going to install caster, but if I have the arm out might as well install the other front arm busing.

I thought you were running those custom dampers from red shift, did it not work out?
Never got them to Chris, went with the Bilsteins and have had some good results so far. Seems if anything, car needs more rear shock, and not so much in the front. More rebound in the rear seems to just make a mess so something with more(and adjustable) bump is what it's going to take to get the car more balanced.

In the rain, the car is awesome right now, but in the dry, there's just not enough rear rotation on higher grip surfaces.

After much consideration, I'm selling my BFG Rivals that I used with great success last season..

Set of 4 225/45/15 Rivals have between 4/32"and 5/32" tread remaining. Asking $300 or best reasonable offer for the set, plus shipping. If you are willing to pick them up in Central NJ, I'd be willing to mount and balance them for you, no charge.

In the rain, the car is awesome right now, but in the dry, there's just not enough rear rotation on higher grip surfaces.

Could you use the tripoint bar to get some toe out in the rear? Or there's always the AST's.

Back