USDM Mazda2 Audio Pinout

utmorpheus

:
13 Mz2 Touring MTX
This is the pinout for the 2013 Mz2, 2007+ should all be the same, however. This is looking at the radio side/aftermarket harness with the pins pointing at you.

attachment.php

BOLD are all required to properly connect an aftermarket radio, the rest may or may not be used depending on your application.
The pins in the Metra 70-7903 Harness are as follows:
1A: Left Front Speaker Positive (Aftermarket: White)
1B: 12V Constant Power (Aftermarket: Yellow)
1C: Left Front Speaker Negative (Aftermarket: White with black stripe)
1D: Right Front Speaker Positive (Aftermarket: Gray)
1E: Illumination Positive (Aftermarket: Orange)
1F: Right Front Speaker Negative (Aftermarket: Gray with black stripe)
1G: Illumination Negative (Aftermarket: No connection)
1H: No Connection (Aftermarket: Blue)*
1I: ???? (Aftermarket: No connection)
1J: No Connection (Aftermarket: Blue with white stripe)*
1K: No connection
1L: No connection
1M: No connection
1N: Steering Wheel Controls Positive (Aftermarket: No pin, Connect to aftermarket module)**
1O: No connection
1P: Steering Wheel Controls Negative (Aftermarket: No pin, Connect to Ground)***
1Q: No connection
1R: 12V Switched Power (Aftermarket: Red)
1S: Left Rear Speaker Positive (Aftermarket: Green)
1T: No connection
1U: Left Rear Speaker Negative (Aftermarket: Green with black stripe)
1V: Right Rear Speaker Positive (Aftermarket: Purple)
1W: Ground (Aftermarket: Black)
1X: Right Rear Speaker Negative (Aftermarket: Purple with black stripe)

* You must remove the pins from these connectors if you plan to use a steering wheel audio control interface and move them to 1P and 1N. (See description below)
** Look into your module documentation as to which color wire to connect to this pin. For the PAC SWI-PS (Pioneer headunit) it will be the white wire.
*** If you have the Info Center (Fuel Eco, Distance to Empty, Outside Temp, etc.) you MUST connect this pin to ground to retain use of the "Info" button on the steering wheel, regardless of if you choose to use the audio controls. The Info button has a common ground with the audio controls.

To de-pin the connector insert a very small jeweler's screwdriver (1-1.2mm wide, available in small packs at Radioshack/Amazon for cheap) into the harness above the pin you want to remove, with the flat part of the blade horizontal in reference to the harness. Push the wire in from behind(like you're trying to force the wire through the connector) and turn the screwdriver 1/4 turn in the harness. Pull the wire out the back of the harness. It may take a couple tries. Make sure to bend the tab back in place on the pin before re-inserting it into a new location.

Attachments

• m2audio.PNG
    m2audio.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 4,314
Last edited:
Thanks.

I am replacing my 2011 radio with a 2013 unit to utilize the USB input.

Can you tell me the pinout for the connector that has the USB input? Thanks.

Back