Cat Question!

RX8 Dream

:
2005 RX8
Hey Guys,
Just have a couple of quick questions for everyone. I'll make a long story short. My 2005 RX8 (68,000 miles) is throwing a solid bad cat code so I'm almost 100% it's bad/plugged. I'd like to do a BHR mid pipe but it's a little spendy for me right now plus this is my DD so I need to get this taken care of.

So:
Question 1: Which do you think is better, an after market cat (it's got a 5yr warranty) or a used oem cat ( about 30,000 miles on it )?

I'm leaning toward the used oem.

Question 2: I found a 2009 oem cat locally at a good price. Will a '09 cat fit on my '05?

Thanks! I appreciate any help!

Both oem cats should be fine. Thats the route i would recommend if you don't want to pony up for the BHR mid with high flow cat.

Or you can get an AP and a midpipe provided you dont live somewhere they actually do a sniffer test for emmissions.

Both oem cats should be fine. Thats the route i would recommend if you don't want to pony up for the BHR mid with high flow cat.

Or you can get an AP and a midpipe provided you dont live somewhere they actually do a sniffer test for emmissions.

Thanks so much, Solidtrance!! I've really been hoping someone might chime in with an answer but no one has until you!

I'm really looking forward to getting the BHR mid pipe, along with some other "mild" upgrades/mods. Probably next spring. No sniff tests here in Minnesota!

Thanks again!! Really appreciate your help!

Back