Harsh engagement, Loud clunk, Lurching Forward when Shifted from Reverse to Drive

I have a 2011 CX9, current at 62k. passed the 60k transmission warranty. =(
Recently, 2 weeks after my 60K service, I noticed that the car jerks when I slowly approaching an intersection (light) to the stop. it always happens when the gear down to 4. with or without brake. Also mostly happened in the morning on the way to work or after work going home which means it happens when driving with cold engine.
Taking to dealer, the technician could not duplicate the problem.... so frustrating.
Can anyone gives some idea/feedback?
dealer ask me to leave the car there so they can try tomorrow morning. I will try update what they found. However, the technician kinda suspecting it might be engine mount??

So I seem to have violent jolt forward when shifting into D. Doesn't matter whether u go from R to D or N to D...reading through this thred it looks like 3 possible scenarios: ecu reflash that works for a while, improper grounding and someone hinted to failing valve ....since reflash seems to help at least for a while...it clearly is electrical problem..any updates anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I seem to have violent jolt forward when shifting into D. Doesn't matter whether u go from R to D or N to D...reading through this thred it looks like 3 possible scenarios: ecu reflash that works for a while, improper grounding and someone hinted to failing valve ....since reflash seems to help at least for a while...it clearly is electrical problem..any updates anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yep, me too, sometimes so violent like someone rear ended me.

It always happens on an incline from Park, or when parallel parking when I shift between R and D too quickly,
I had mine re-flashed by dealer under warranty, worked for a while then always comes back.

what seems to help is to wait a full three seconds and make sure car is not rolling before shifting and press hard on the brake pedal.

Also, before shutting down the car, I always make sure I press the brake pedal firmly then engage the parking brake.
And when starting up, press firmly on the brake pedal then release parking brake, never release the parking brake without your foot on the brake.

Hasn't happened in a long time since I did the above and also I had my transmission flushed so that may have done the trick also.
To me, it seems more a mechanical issue than an electrical issue because one time I shifted between D and R really really quick while parallel parking, and I swear the car jerked so bad I thought I got rear ended. Now I consciously wait a full 3 seconds and the jerking is gone.

this is purely ECU related issue...unless of course your tranny has actual mechanical issue ...with engine restart my jolts go away. Happens here and there and goes away as quickly as it came

Back