pmartz16 2008.5 BM Mazdaspeed 3

Haha they really do look good when clean. But Yeah it really bothers me every time I clean my WHEELS that it says RIM on them.
Thank you though sir

with this nice ass weather we have been having I took the time to wash, claybar, polish, and wax the car. She looks so good. I also got my hood prop back and I like the little detail of having it done.
14261617294_4c7a770037_z.jpg

14261616504_1262b690b6_z.jpg

14294316253_721c902720_z.jpg

14087480658_b51f3d7710_z.jpg

Looks really good! Reminds me how badly I need to claybar, polish, and wax my car lol

Damn, dat engine bay is crazy clean.

Question: why the heavy insulation for the hood? Have there been issues of paint discoloring due to heat or something?

Yes, before I did not wrap my hot pipe for my intercooler and it faded the paint on the bottom of the hood and I did not want it to go through to the top. So I wrapped my hot pipe. But I got it pc'd now and don't want to cover it up as I think the wrap looks bad so I put the under hood shield. I don't think that shield looks good either but I got it as a gift so I used it. If I had to do it again I would have just gotten the foil stuff and use that. We have a funny shaped hood and it was hard to make it look nice.

Also the pc hides the dirt really well haha. I clean it with glass cleaner and it all just wipes off. Its really nice to have that glass finish

I was going to say it actually looks like you did a pretty good job cutting it out and forming it to the hood.

Oh, and shut up, #2. haha

I was going to say it actually looks like you did a pretty good job cutting it out and forming it to the hood.
it sucked. I took the hood off and made like 60 measurements. It took forever and was really hard to cut and make look nice

Also I almost forgot. I paid for a spare long block that has a spun bearing. I will be picking it up in a couple weeks when I have some free time. I will be rebuilding it as I want something to tinker with rather than doing simple stupid stuff to the ms3. hope to have it ready and dropped in this winter. Not sure if it will go in with a new turbo or not. But most likely will have a new clutch to go in with it as thats the easiest way to do it

did a compression check on the current motor in the car. The motor is the original oem motor that came with the car 100,210 miles ago. #1)191 #2)190 #3)181 #4)187 all these numbers are within 5% of each other so that is a good sign that the motor is in good health. I was very happy to see that. I won't be putting any sort of turbo upgrade on this motor though, I don't know that she would be able to handle it. But the ko4 e85 tune is now done! So I will rock this motor, turbo, clutch, and tune till the end of the year for when I hope to have some new goodies for the car. Hope everything survives my punishment!
Also did another autox this past Sunday at Pitt Race:
14348656791_cf0f5cba68_z.jpg

14350415602_8908ff7898_z.jpg

14351999635_b1ed6d6c42_z.jpg

14367238646_f7583f0c3b_z.jpg

14203890737_585766fc4b_z.jpg

No thank you! the banner looks great. I may buy another and have a professional install it but we will see how the sun and heat helps get some imperfections out.

If you want to install another one I can help you out. Did you do it by yourself?

Sho helped me but I think we thought about it too much haha. I am going to have the tint done soon so I was thinking having one of them do it haha

Latest posts

Back