pmartz16 2008.5 BM Mazdaspeed 3

I wanted to trailer my car to VIR in October (NASA HPDE). Haven't found a solution for that yet Lol.

Will, I'm not planning on having an instructor ride along with me at Mid-Ohio. I'm going to be in the Intermediate group. I wouldn't mind riding along with you though!

I wanted to trailer my car to VIR in October (NASA HPDE). Haven't found a solution for that yet Lol.

Will, I'm not planning on having an instructor ride along with me at Mid-Ohio. I'm going to be in the Intermediate group. I wouldn't mind riding along with you though!

Let me add a bit of free advice, it never hurts to get another perspective from someone who offers their insight. I know from talking to a lot of the pro drivers I know that they have coaches that they go to. Ride alongs are great, but most if the time the driver is focused on their program. Maybe you can to play follow the leader as well.

Update!
Got the wheels and new tires back. 18x8.5 +45 Konig Milligrams (gold) 245/40/18 Cooper Zeon RS3-S. Very happy with how they turned out.
9616449625_d1ea95ba6a_c.jpg

9616446677_38ff7d571b_c.jpg

9616439653_135a51a396_c.jpg

9619678608_10f0d4063c_c.jpg

9616430811_7ea148223f_c.jpg

9616425785_c57de48728_c.jpg

9616413957_2b88614fea_c.jpg

I like the new wheels Patrick! Any issues with rubbing?

Let me add a bit of free advice, it never hurts to get another perspective from someone who offers their insight. I know from talking to a lot of the pro drivers I know that they have coaches that they go to. Ride alongs are great, but most if the time the driver is focused on their program. Maybe you can to play follow the leader as well.

I agree, it never hurts to get advice. I'm not trying to say I'm too good for an instructor, because I know I'm not haha. I would definitely like someone to ride along during 1 of my sessions. I did a NASA HPDE last year at Mid-Ohio. My instructor moved me up to HPDE2 after the first day and gave me really good advice on what I need to work on. He then had me go out without him saying I really just need as much seat time as I can get. It's up to me to play around with different lines and fine-tune my braking and turn-in points.

It would be interesting to play a little follow the leader with Will. I wouldn't follow his line exactly though since the FWD line is a little bit different. He would most likely pull away from me in the turns and I would catch up on the straights (hopefully LOL). I've always wanted to learn on a momentum car like a low-powered Miata. Because if you can't perfect carrying the maximum amount of speed through a turn, having a million horsepower won't get you anywhere and just masks the problem.

Love the wheels Patrick!

1,000x better than the Drags.

Thanks I think so too. Evan I havent driven much but the fronts rub on the fender liner but I don't really care about that and the backs rub when hitting bumps but I need to raise the back up anyway

My Miata has been rubbing on the fender liners forever, I have some nice sized holes in them now. :) One of these days I'm going to take them out.

Thanks I think so too. Evan I havent driven much but the fronts rub on the fender liner but I don't really care about that and the backs rub when hitting bumps but I need to raise the back up anyway

I have the same issues, fronts rub on fender liner and rears rub when hitting bumps or when accelerating too quickly with 1 or more passengers in the car. I'm going to be raising my rear suspension Saturday because I don't want my racing tires to rub. The driver's side was rubbing pretty badly at Toledo last Sunday.

Got the passenger motor mount in. The car feels great and actually grabs when I hit the gas. The 245's may have something to do with that too lol. I didn't notice much more NVH with the corksport motor mount. Truly a quality part
9639543748_762ef652e0_c.jpg

9636303969_54047de565_c.jpg

9639538134_f43123016f_c.jpg

9639535408_42ca01bd98_c.jpg

And I couldn't resist a photo op :)
9636285385_886e29e5aa_c.jpg

Finally got to go to Mid-Ohio even though my videos got over written by my phone. I have some pictures
9667493504_07d17aeac5_c.jpg

I think I used my brakes a little
9664257829_3aa511a094_c.jpg

And I cooked the paint/sticker on my calipers
9667486600_2719ae81ce_c.jpg

forgot to update this thread with the new parts.
I put on new coilovers because I wanted to be able to mess with adjustments more than i could with the H&R's so I sold those and got an amazing deal on a set of sonic tuning coilovers. They are great and I love having the ability to adjust them to do whatever I want. Also my front sway bar bushings are garbage so i just unhooked it. BRC! I like the feeling even though it got a little tail happy on an exit ramp today but I will learn. Probably doesn't help that I have the rear sway bar set on full stiff. I had to put 5mm spacers in because I had to get massive tires and they rubbed on the new coilovers, its still a close fit but no rubs anymore lol
9708308283_6c966411cb_c.jpg

I also ordered a meth kit that I will install soon and get tuned for. I was going to get a sub for the car but I decided that more power is better lol pictures coming soon

This is a 3-5 gear pull in both videos, with an e30 tune
got bored after lunch and decided to make a video I love my phone mount. But I never noticed how much I bounce in my car from the suspension lol
Also an exhaust video from last night. Held the phone steady on the plastic on the back of the car

Granny shiftin', not double clutchin' like ya should...

I've seen that. The Smoking Tire is pretty entertaining stuff.

Back