pmartz16 2008.5 BM Mazdaspeed 3

The latest ms3 I picked up to flip had a VIS Carbon Fiber hood on it so naturally I want the car to flip to be as stock as possible so I guess I need to trade hoods..... horrible I know (nana) needs some cleaning up as there is a lot of water marks but it will be good once I first try some harsh polishes then wet sand it if need be.

21691061425_d653beff57_c.jpg

21557427699_c15c5d1844_c.jpg

21142966134_1e16abfdbf_c.jpg

I'm glad I kept it too.
Well even with using the most aggressive polish I feel comfortable using on a car the water marks on the CF are still there. So I will be testing a spot with 2000 grit paper to see if that will take the spots off or not. If not I have 1500 grit I can use too. Going to go from 1500 to 2000, harsh polish, mild cut polish, finishing compound, and then a sealer. Short work with my porter cable orbital polisher. Will be sanding my hand though so I don't burn through anywhere.

So a buddy of mine was parting out his gen1 ms3 and couldn't get anyone to buy his front and rear sub frames so I took them off his hands. I am going to have them blasted then rust inhibitor coated then coat with suspension epoxy. My current ones have 120k miles on them so I figure its time for new bushings all the way around. I'm replacing the inner and outer tie rods, LCA's with the Whiteline WALK system, and new upper and lower front subframe bushings. The rear I got the subframe, the spring perches, and the trailing arms. The trailing arms will get new bushings, I'm going to get new oem lateral links, and I'm still deciding if I should just replace the remaining hub bearings while I'm at it. I had to replace the front driver last winter but none of the other yet.
21842031406_22cdaf01bc_c.jpg

I don't have a BT so I'm not welcome there, bro. But keep the updates coming. A lot of your local friends check in on this build through here and not MSF.

I have never gone big turbo and post regularly on MSF and get along really well there. You do have to have a thick skin and a bit of irreverent swagger to fit in, sort of like being in a front line combat unit or football team. What that board is really intolerant of is failure to do a search for answers to basic questions and being lazy in using search. Members don't like having to answer over and over again the same basic questions because someone was lazy and wanted to be spoon fed.

Highly skilled people in the deepest aspects of a subject, and there are many there regarding our cars, often have some level of arrogance and impatience. I don't condone it, but do understand it.

Do a little searching before asking and anyone should get along fine.

Last edited:
So I got some new cleaning materials and started to go at the finish on the speed. I thought I was going to have to wet sand the whole car from the 5 years it was a DD. But I went at it with a rinse-less wash, clay mitt, m105 ultra cut compound, m205 ultra finishing polish, synthetic sealant 2.0, then finally after the sealant had 48 hours to cure I put a nice layer of Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax. Its like glass now. There are still some of the deeper scratches but I'm definitely happy with how the finish turned out. With using my porter cable DA polisher it only took me about 30 minutes to do the driver front and rear door along with the hood, rear quarter, and roof. Didn't do the front fenders as I got new fenders and am working on a project to possibly make those a lot cooler. PICTARS!
22050839421_5edd7f0b1f_c.jpg

22030405232_b7f506619a_c.jpg

21419936164_0b6a2d404f_c.jpg

And here is the hood after wet sanding with first 1500 grit then 2000 grit then 2500 grit then following the same polishing techniques that I talked about with the car above until the sanding marks were gone. Really happy with it now.
22050833501_1bca4e9a3b_c.jpg

Well Ladies and Gents, The car is on its storage wheels now. Its not going anywhere this year or until next season. I'm still going to try and get it to the point to start before next season but she is back into storage mode.

So last night was the best night EVAR! I go to get into bed and my GF is in there with a box and asked me what it was. I said "idk but I'm not touching it (I hate spiders and she is an asshole) so me I naturally think she bought me a tarantula or something like that and I wasn't about to get anywhere near that box. So she told me to open it as it was wrapped and had my name on it so I did and on the box it had this note:
23074134821_dab195927f_c.jpg

(Marty the Mazda is the GF's name for the car)

So I get super pumped because I know its something for the car. I didn't think she would get me anything like this because I don't usually share with her what stuff costs but she knew what I needed to get the car running again. So I continue to open it and there she is, a beautiful DCR exhaust manifold! I have a pte 5858 dbb v-band but I'm just going to have the flange changed to a pte vband and it will be good to go. This mani has been run on a few cars and is very rare if you don't know already. I'm going to give the 38mm Tial EWG a shot to see if it can control the boost hoping I don't have to change the EWG flange to the 44mm Tial MVR EWG I have waiting for the car. So here are the pictures!
22644621697_8baacd80ea_c.jpg

22670690639_55e4cc069a_c.jpg

22644562268_03b3084597_c.jpg

22441762123_c26bf09931_c.jpg

It's beautiful and will be put on tonight, at least the main part as I still need to get the flange changed to really install the turbo and everything. Big thank you to bigsho for helping Jennifer out and getting the mani for me. Also Thanks to Rob@Hypnotictuning for selling the mani and working with Sho and Jennifer to get it to me. Also for throwing in the EWG. I was so confused when I still had another little package to open up after opening the mani. Last thing after the mani to do for the car is to get a dump tube fabbed up. Not sure how I want to route that yet but we will see. Hoping to not cover up this beautiful manifold at all. I'll post pictures tonight of how she looks on the car.

So I threw on the main part of the mani last night. I'm having a new turn down elbow made with a 44mm ewg flange for my MVR and with a pte 2.5" v-band flange. I didn't want to ruin the elbow that came with the mani in case I have creep issues I can choke the turbo down with the t3 one that came with the mani. But man is this thing sexy, it just looks nasty. I just love it and how every mani should be made like this. Gives endless options to change turbos without having to change manifolds and makes it for 150 bucks you can have a totally different mani. The fitment is tight but nothing a little brute force can't solve lol. Once she was on the car there was no rubbing or fitment issues but I guess its onto the pictures.
22724968719_4b97d5ac24_c.jpg

23117262585_dae321e8df_c.jpg

I know this VC is ugly but my spare is getting dropped off to be coated today and this is just a place holder.
23117266375_d07a66406e_c.jpg

23117266585_70a706b490_c.jpg

23128712591_7df1bb51c9_c.jpg

So I have been taking advantage of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and I got myself a few things. First up I ordered a Damond Motorsports PCV plate in black on Wednesday (11/25) and the frickin thing was at my door on Friday (11/27)! Thursday being Thanksgiving. Matt@DamondMotorsports you are a champ and a model for how customer service should be! The PCV plate is beautiful, the finish is so nice, everything fits great, the rubber gasket for the plate fits perfect unlike my old PERM plate that had too large of a line cut out for the rubber gasket. Also retaining the use of the OEM PCV is a super nice touch rather than having to rig up a way to have the PCV in line on the PERM plate. I'm very impressed, as with everything I buy from DM.
Second I bought a set of Hankook snow tires for the DD ms3 for 263 shipped from Discounttiredirect (263 after 155 in MIR's)
23391072076_259a1f9dfe_z.jpg

22790062433_da915619db_z.jpg

This is how my setup will be run:
23417255885_0191d08229_b.jpg

So a few parts have shown up or have been picked up. I got my new vented OCC and fittings off eBay to run with the DM PCV plate. Next was an Autopower "Race" roll bar with Harness bar got it for a sweet 300 bucks, needs some paint but not bad. And last but not least I got the new churbo!
23675876241_a0223ea804_c.jpg

23131453653_d89eaf5614_c.jpg

23131457843_4ab63afe8c_c.jpg

23390322049_c5ac19e29b_c.jpg

23625657901_82d85ba896_b.jpg

try and guess the size of the new turbo! Mark, Jake, and Sho aren't allowed to guess

Now that the backseat is useless, you need to take it out for weight reduction.

Now that the backseat is useless, you need to take it out for weight reduction.
I heard it makes everything stupid loud and would look bad. I'm not going for any national titles in time attack like Evan so I'll keep them in for now haha.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Okay okay, you guys want to know the secret why I'm so fast out there? Because no back seat. Boom.

Removing the back seat in a sedan makes a noticeable increase in dB in the cabin. But with a hatch it's not nearly as noticeable. I can bring over my decibelmeter if you'd like to test them out.

I know when I lay my back seats down it makes a large noticeable difference in the amount of noise in the cabin.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back