need transmission help/suggestions

mazdaspeeeeed

:
MSP 2003.5
here is the story...

was sitting at a stop light, applied gas and let off clutch as normal. soon as my foot came all the way off the clutch there was a loud grinding noise as if i was grinding gears. i quickly learned that as long as i didnt take my foot off the clutch i could continue driving and shifting gears. i got the car to a mechanic and they took out the clutch and flywheel and had them tested and everything is perfect. so that leads us to the tranny.

to rebuild this mother it will be in the thousands so i would rather not. what are my options here? should i take home what they have given me and try to fix it myself or is this more involved at this point.

i am currently searching for a used transmission but cant seem to find one.

thanks!

sounds like a crunched diff...but surprised that it let you even limp along with the pedal half pressed...any gears not work at all?...if all your gears and shifting feel is fine, the diff is pretty much the only thing it could be...

wrecking yards man...thats your best bet for a cheap gear box...although, you'll probably have to settle for one with an open diff...as they are WAY more common than finding a factory MSP box...there are lots of diff options though, and they regularly are put up for sale in the FS section...

PM him. maybe u can work out a deal. i know itll be a hassle for shipping it but u never know. other option is hitting up Fatti03 or ScratchnSniff . its just too bad. i literally just sold my stock block, msp stock turbo set up, and stock MSP LSD trans as soon as i pulled it out of my MSP. and dropped in my built engine and welded LSD trans.

where did you get your engine/tranny from? and how much was it all?

i am considering this route as a feasible option

PM him. maybe u can work out a deal. i know itll be a hassle for shipping it but u never know. other option is hitting up Fatti03 or ScratchnSniff . its just too bad. i literally just sold my stock block, msp stock turbo set up, and stock MSP LSD trans as soon as i pulled it out of my MSP. and dropped in my built engine and welded LSD trans.

Well if you feel comfortable taking apart the transmission a good option would be to buy an mfactory diff. Also replace the syncros while ur in there.

It is probably just the diff. Whatever shop that is going to rebuild it can just split the case and drop a new LSD in.

update: turns out it was stripped gears. I bought a used transmission and am having it dropped in.

on a side note, i ended up buying a new car and will be posting my car up for sale for a really good deal. keep your eyes peeled!

Hello everyone ! didn't mazda , but I hope you will help me . Kia Shuma 1.8 . f25m - r Mazda transmission . Final gear ratio is 4.10. I need a lot shorter transmission. Especially in the first and second gear. that gearbox to use? sorry for my bad english :(

Back