Mazda6 Interior LED Lighting Replacement

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
So the interior lighting for the front map and rear dome lights are all festoons. I ordered two extra pairs (4 total) and have no use of them. New. Direct snap in replacement for the festoon dome light. 16 LED's, color output is PURE WHITE.

$12 shipped for each, $20 shipped for a pair, or $30 shipped for four... U.S. buyers only, don't want to deal with international shipping.

Attachments

• IMAG1383.jpg
    IMAG1383.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,126
OK, got the Corksport led kit monday, installed yesterday. 11 led kit even includes the vanity mirror lamps and the trunk...took little over a half hour to install...awesome!!!!

Yes, the kit comes with instructions with actual pictures of the lamp housings and is very detailed. You will need a small flat blade screwdriver and the directions will show you where to pry. I didn't break anything. The only hassle was pulling some of the standard bulbs out while they were hot, but it was easier for me to see and do with them lit. I pulled the existing bulbs in the bottom of the doors with a mini set of slip joint pliers as they were very tight and hot....didn't break any of them either. Really cool look with the all black interior.....

Had the LED's installed yesterday by the garage while it was in for service. Sure looks great, like daylight inside!

I installed my LEDs also today.... SOOOOOOO the question is, what can be done about that joke of a trunk light (t5 bulb). Does anyone have any ideas? It is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

The Natural White LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs match perfectly with the shade of white in the gauges and controls. This setup cost around $30.

U5T8VwQ.jpg

Wyh9XmZ.jpg

Qhr5Oh1.jpg

Pardon the crappy iPhone photos.

Last edited:
Hello,

The Natural White LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs match perfectly with the shade of white in the gauges and controls. This setup cost around $30.

U5T8VwQ.jpg

Wyh9XmZ.jpg

Qhr5Oh1.jpg

Pardon the crappy iPhone photos.

forgot about my vanity mirrors and glove box. good job!

Thanks Blackzilla, I'm still messing around with the setup. Can't decide if I prefer Natural White or Cool White...

bulb list for the project? Vanity mirrors especially awesome. did you do the bottom of the doors too?

Thanks! The project covered all of the stock bulbs in the car (except the head and fog lights), so door lights were included.

194 from SuperBrightLEDs, Natural White (WLED-NW5)

- 1x for glovebox light
- 2x for courtesy lights (doors)
- 2x for license plate lights

DE3175 from SuperBrightLEDs, Natural White (3022-NW4)

- 4x for dome lights

Fuse LED from SuperBrightLEDs, 6V (F30-WHP-6V)

- 2x for visor lights

74 from VLEDs, 5000k (74_3_W_5K)

- 1x for trunk light

The brightness of this setup is perfect and the color matches the color of the gauges in the dash. The whole thing together looks very stock. I had a chance to compare the color and intensity of my setup with OEM LEDs from a late-model Lexus IS and they come pretty close.

Last edited:
Back