EGR CX-5 Hood Shield

South.paw

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring Stormy Blue
I saw this posted since April of this year. The guy stated he purchased off of Amazon but the item was sold out soon after he did. Even after calling EGR directly, they did not even have a record of this product even existing! Has anyone come across this product or maybe another branding that this may have come from?? I definitely prefer the styling of this part over the OEM part.

xomvee.jpg

2vis8j8.jpg

2efuizd.jpg

That sure looks more aggressive then OEM. Also I love the tires with wording on the side wall.

I'm liking those wheels as well. Where is the original thread these pics came from?

I'm liking those wheels as well. Where is the original thread these pics came from?

It wasn't a thread. It's a site where people review aftermarket parts for Japanese-made vehicles. I'm having a hard time finding it since I saved the pictures but not the link. Sorry for that. I dig the wheel setup as well...beefy.

The OEM one is a hood edge protector. This EGR one is a deflector. So it moves bugs/dirt/etc away from hood/windshield.
The OEM one is completely flat against the hood, so it does not prevent bugs/rocks/etc.
I have one. I do like the look the OEM gives.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20130423_175245.jpg
    IMG_20130423_175245.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 8,532
Last edited:
I like that 'EGR' unit much better than the current Mazda offering. I hope you find out where we can get one. Its closer to the Mazda factory unit that I had installed on my CX-7. I prefer the bug/rock/whatever deflection it provided. For now I have the factory unit on my cx-5 but as soon as a deflector type unit arrives I will grab one.

Has anyone received the EGR hood deflector? Some more pics would be great.

Both the Amazon links above list the same (Mazda part #)

Any update on the hood deflector? where can we buy? any reviews please?

I don't like the look much but I would still be interested in getting the EGR. I have scared the kids at the car wash place when I pull in because I have so many bugs on my front end and windshield.

I have a problem on my hood and fender, i keep on getting those paint being chipped off mostly on the hood.. is there any workaround with it other than repainting or hood shield?

Back