CX-5 Roof Rails

Deeze

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Diesel Manual Transmission -13
Hi, does the US version of the CX-5 come with roof rails as standard, or has anyone mounted Mazdas OEM rails on a CX-5..? They aren't available here in Sweden, and my dealer says that they will only fit the US version. She also states that it's mounted allready at the factory and not able as an aftermarket part. Although all the pics I've found so far is on cars without rails. It would be really nice if someone could give me some more info, and even better if I could get in touch with someone who actually has got them mounted later on.

/Marcus, Sweden

Thanks. I've found lots of places in the US to buy from. Just trying to figure out for sure if they will fit my car. The dealer is checkning if they will be able to install as an add-on or if it has to be done at the factory. Since the car I've ordered came with a wrecked roof I need to wait for a new one. So mine isn't produced yet.

Lassi, how do you know that..? They exist in the German parts catalog. I'm hoping that it's just like on one of my old Mazdas. The dealer said that the bumpers wouldn't fit on my model, but I ordered them anyway and the did fit like a glove.

Lassi, how do you know that..? They exist in the German parts catalog. I'm hoping that it's just like on one of my old Mazdas. The dealer said that the bumpers wouldn't fit on my model, but I ordered them anyway and the did fit like a glove.

These are from german Mazda site, and the standard Euro rails;

These are the US rails, which do not fit Euro cars;
CX5RoofRack.jpg

I may have misunderstood which rails you were searching for as the rails in the first picture should for sure be available from your local dealer.
I actually have a set of the US type rails and can confirm they do not fit...

I have purchase both roof rail and crossbar and as far as it goes, roof rail are nice and solid but crossbar are junk. I will get myself some Thule eventually.

I may have misunderstood which rails you were searching for as the rails in the first picture should for sure be available from your local dealer.

One of the rare, if not only, instances that I prefer the American version over the European (in regards to automotive versions/options of the same model).

These are from german Mazda site, and the standard Euro rails;

These are the US rails, which do not fit Euro cars;
CX5RoofRack.jpg

You are talking about the crossbars. What I mean is the actual rails thats bolts directly to the roof and goes along the car. For some strange reason it would mean that Mazda would build a whole other roof for the US version, otherwise I should be able to bolt one on a European version.

Any update on whether US and non-US versions have the same roof? It looks like the EU rack (part number KD45-V4-701) might bolt into the same factory mounting points as the US roof rails.

I'd like to buy the EU rack (looks easier to remove than the US rails when not in use), but haven't found a seller to ship to the US.

I'm 90% sure this is accurate but I've never seen a EU CX-5 in person so I can't confirm.

The roofs are the same however the threaded mounting points for the US rails/EU crossbars are in different spots. The forward mounting point could be the same but the rear mounting point is different. In the pics above, you can see the rear bar on the EU CX5 is positioned above the C pillar (rear door frame). On the US version the rear mounting point is about 5-6 inches further back, about 1 inch ahead of the shark fin antenna.

IMAG0985.jpg

If you want a rack system that's easy to install and remove when you don't need it, Yakima Q towers (grabs the door frame) or Control tower (uses the threaded roof points) will be the quickest and work with your car.

Latest posts

Back