How to install TPMS, tire pressure monitors, in a 2012-2013 Mazda 5

Vasy

:
2012 Mazda 5
You really are making the car function they way you want it. Props to you for all the extra effort. May I suggest digging into power sliding doors and power lift gate?

Do 2012 Mz5 NOT come with an idiot TPMS system?? If it does, wouldn't taking out the OE sensors tigger the dash light?
I HATE dummy systems but do appreciate real time systems.

May I suggest digging into power sliding doors and power lift gate?
Haha :)
I wish, maybe take apart Dodge minivan and port the system to 5?
Somehow I don't think I have time for this but maybe some one wants to take it on (enguard)

Do 2012 Mz5 NOT come with an idiot TPMS system?? If it does, wouldn't taking out the OE sensors trigger the dash light?
I HATE dummy systems but do appreciate real time systems.

As you saw in video, mine did not have it, I just had regular valves. It could be that USA and Canadian packages are different.
In Canada TPMS is not standard on base models. I bought mine used, looks like it was bottom of the line with just an auto tranny option.
If mine already had it and I did not do the deck, I don't think I'd do this project, it is not exactly cheap.

Haha :)
I wish, maybe take apart Dodge minivan and port the system to 5?
Somehow I don't think I have time for this but maybe some one wants to take it on (enguard)
I looked into PSD for a short while and found a vendor that makes a PSD kit but they dont do retail and I cant find any distributor :O).

You know about the Ford C-Maxs trick lift gate (ok, its really not that trick but creative use of a sensor)? I have not looked into that but considering both cars use the same bodies, I am willing to bet the hardware can be ported but may need some body panel trimming. Theres no intelligence to it so I cant image it requires any interaction with the BCM. I look at the SRXs power lift gate and cant help but think it can be ported over too.

I also think a wrecked C-Max would be the PERFECT organ donor for the Mz5! Ok, this is just fantasy speak but cant help but wonder ;)

As you saw in video, mine did not have it, I just had regular valves. It could be that USA and Canadian packages are different.
In Canada TPMS is not standard on base models. I bought mine used, looks like it was bottom of the line with just an auto tranny option.
If mine already had it and I did not do the deck, I don't think I'd do this project, it is not exactly cheap.
Good for you Canada! (canada) I wish mine didnt have the dummy gauge and all the unnecessary cost that comes with it. Real time system -yes please!

Last edited:
Back