Protege5 Headlight/Front End Wiring questions

jonschold

:
2002 Protege5
So I bought my P5 about 2 years ago, and at the time it had the sedan bumper on it. I didn't know much about the car when I bought it, so I assumed it was just a different model than the ones with the fog lights. As it turns out, it looks like it was in an accident and fixed up without reporting it (it has a clean title).

I replaced the bumper with an original one with fog lights, and it has the wiring for the fog lights, just not the harness that splits out to each light. I've found the harness for around $85 online, but was hoping to find one for cheaper if possible.

The problem now is that it has after market headlights that don't match the wiring for the brights. I've gone without them and it's been fine, but I'm wanting to find out if I can just buy stock headlights and the current wiring will work, or if I need to mess with the wiring (which wouldn't be a huge problem, just need to know what to get).

Here's what the headlights look like.

IMAG0046_zps70220da0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bright connectors, which I've tested to make sure they're for the brights. They're just hanging right now, unconnected.

What the main lamp connectors look like. The bulbs right now have a bright filament in them, but the connector has no wiring to the brights.

Here's the back of the assembly.

Last edited:
You have sedan headlights installed there. The P5 wiring uses a separate high and low beam (hence the two connectors), where the sedan has a combo connector for its' single high and low beam. I'm pretty sure there's a wiring diagram on here somewhere for this setup.

Awesome, thank you!

Two quick questions. Where is a good place to get all the aftermarket plugs and that relay?

Also, 915_P5, in your picture it shows the side markers on with the fog lights. My bumper has the side markers, but I don't know where the wiring is supposed to come from to hook them up. Is there a different fog harness than the original one?

Last edited:
Yeah it's different from the fog harness. They should just be there hanging, unless the previous ower wraped them up or cut them off.

You should be able to get all the parts at a autozone, carquest, or any other shop like that.

Back