What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Installed the steelies from the sport on the touring because it turns out that the alloys are all out of balance at highway speed. I didnt see a single weight on any of them when I took them off. Being that the previous owner was cruel enough to install cheap Goodride brand tires, it's not surprising that they weren't balanced. The factory Yokohamas are luxurious by comparison, but the touring looks so wrong with steelies/wheel covers.

Last edited:
Installed the steelies from the sport on the touring because it turns out that the alloys are all out of balance at highway speed. I didnt see a single weight on any of them when I took them off. Being that the previous owner was cruel enough to install cheap Goodride brand tires, it's not surprising that they weren't balanced. The factory Yokohamas are luxurious by comparison, but the touring looks so wrong with steelies/wheel covers.

At least the steelies are lighter. :p

I can no longer run the plastic wheel covers because of my extended lugs... #ghettofabracecardaily status.

11947665_10155960445130494_3308114955328867528_n.jpg

So you're bringing that hammock to AMP and parking next to me, right? Those garages look awesome. I might have to go to CMP next year.

The ducts were good. The brakes stayed cool and at one point a guy went off in front of me and kicked up a lot of dust. Well it is all over the car and you can see how it got sucked into the ducts. Also I did take pressure readings at the front of the duct and in the wheel well to verify that it will flow. Funny enough in the end of the duct in the wheel well there is actually slight vacuum because the high pressure is all on the fender liner. The only issue I have with braking is that it isn't 100% stable when braking past 80%, but I think that is because one of my LCA bushing is torn. Working on getting a new one for next year. The car isn't terrible under brakes, just wanders a bit past 8/10ths.

I noticed today the left half of my OE front air dam was missing, so I removed the right half. With my instant and free increase in ground clearance, I'm thinking it might be a good time to swap my RB springs out for H&R. If anyone has a used set of laying around, PM me.

Put 1500mi on it from Buffalo, NY to Charlotte, NC and back. Dyno'd it with the CS intake and Hotpipes header down there. My kitten that adopted me the night before the trip loves the car. Slept 90% of the time and the rest was spent on the package shelf batting at the rear wiper arm.

Since it finally stopped raining here. I washed the outside and the engine bay. I also cleaned the interior. Looks very nice.

October 17/10/2016

My new Setup

- Advan Racing RZ Replica (Graphite)
- 17"x8.0" ~ ET40
- 205/40/17 Maxxis
- Muteki SR48 black lug nuts
- H&R Spring

OLD SETTING --> SIGNATURE

Last edited:
Trackday yesterday at Road Atlanta. Took off 1.4 seconds from my previous best. Videos are uploading to youtube now. Had one oh snap moment.

Back