2015 Mazda CX-5?

This is COMPLETE speculation, but maybe changes to the interior were delayed along with the diesel engines? Releasing the 2016s with new engines and overhauled interior equipment makes a bigger bang.

Or maybe Mazda is just really committed to fixing the current headunit. Oh, who am I kidding...

Maybe this is a silly question, but why on earth would a car company release a new model with literally no changes? Why wouldn't they keep the 2014's out (since they are technically 2014.5's anyway) until they are ready to make additional changes?

On the bright side, if you were holding off on a purchase of the CX-5 to see if the 2015 would bring significant changes/upgrades to the 2014, it appears (based on the above) that you should probably go and try to snag a 2014.5 now, from the ones the dealers still have in-stock.

I would think that they will be much more aggressive in their pricing discounts on the 2014's now that the arrival of the 2015's is imminent. After all, if you had a choice of a 2014 versus an identical 2015 for only $50 more, which would you choose? I know that I would take the 2015, if only for the reason that when it comes to resale, the 'one year near newer' aspect will be a significant upgrade in residual value. Therefore, to induce me to take the 2014, the dealer would have to make it very attractive to me to do so.

I think this is an opportunity to save some serious money; but you'd have to act before the 2014's are gone.

I would like to see the aluminum silver in person to see if it is a silver or more gray or another name for liquid silver?

this is what mine looked like when it arrived off the boat. it looks more like a liquid silver.

2qx7xxk.jpg

Maybe this is a silly question, but why on earth would a car company release a new model with literally no changes? Why wouldn't they keep the 2014's out (since they are technically 2014.5's anyway) until they are ready to make additional changes?

From what I have read there were be a number of small changes, but not the big change everyone is waiting for and that is Mazda3 infotainment. I've read the changes will be; new front fascia, spruce up interior, softening of suspension to reduce vibration (euro only?), and other.

The Mazda3 infotainment screen is 7" while CX-5 infotainment screen is 5.8" so will require a new dash. Nobody knows for sure yet, but euro datasheets are showing old 5.8" display, so probably no change.

There is also talk of software update for 2014 infotainment so hopefully they can fix some of the bugs.

From what I have read there were be a number of small changes, but not the big change everyone is waiting for and that is Mazda3 infotainment. I've read the changes will be; new front fascia, spruce up interior, softening of suspension to reduce vibration (euro only?), and other.

The Mazda3 infotainment screen is 7" while CX-5 infotainment screen is 5.8" so will require a new dash. Nobody knows for sure yet, but euro datasheets are showing old 5.8" display, so probably no change.

There is also talk of software update for 2014 infotainment so hopefully they can fix some of the bugs.

I do think the changes will be quite minor but I have serious doubts there will be no changes. I mean, there have been updates even after 2014.5 that nobody talks about such as the improved frame for front crash tests. From what I've heard from dealers a new infotainment system is definitely not happening but I've heard from a dealer that Touring and GT will be getting advanced keyless entry standard(KBB states this also). I'm happy the infotainment system isn't changing to the Mazda3 system. I don't want some ugly half-tablet looking thing sticking out of my dash. The nice thing about the CX-5 infotainment system is that its easily replaceable unlike the Mazda3.

If your color sheet for 2015 is right for US, I am really glad I bought a 2014.5 crystal blue last week. Looks like crystlal blue won't be available in 2015. Only black or white with sand interior. Dropping the red with sand interior is a bad move, one of the prettiest combos.
Crystal Blue Mica was never available in Canada.

Last edited:

Two dealers now confirmed there are no changes from the 2014.5 version to 2015... (these are Canadian dealers from the Automalls - so pretty reputable).

Thought I'd repost something that got shared over on Reddit that I'm sure will make some of you pitch a tent in your pants.

A moderator and Mazda employee posted the February 2014 incentives, which for the first time includes the 2015 Mazda6 and CX-5.

This person states:

And here is a little Insight for the rest of you, this is the first month the 2015 6 and CX5 has shown up on the Incentive sheet, expect them to be hitting lots within the next 90 days.

and when asked about the availability and the 2015 engines:

I assume in the next 90 days. They are showing up in case someone wants to Order one.

And notice it says M6G, the G = Gas. They are early releasing this 2015 Models of Gas so they can Late release the Diesel Models of 6 and CX5. Although I don't expect the CX5 Diesel probably until the early 2016 Models, so... next year on CX5 and the 6 should be Diesel by August-November.

and when asked about changes to the infotainment:

Haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
... [snip] A moderator and Mazda employee posted the February 2014 incentives, which for the first time includes the 2015 Mazda6 and CX-5. [more snippage]
Thanks for sharing this.

In this document, the 'Tier 1-3 MCS APR' column for the 2014 CX-5 reads ".9/60 1.9/72 APR $200 DC", followed by "$150" in the MCS Fee column.

I understand that .9/60 means 0.9% Annual Percentage Rate for up to 60 months, etc. The $200 & $150 are presumably fees but one can only speculate who pays what to whom. Is it the buyer? ...The dealer? ...a negotiable area?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this.

In this document, the 'Tier 1-3 MCS APR' column for the 2014 CX-5 reads ".9/60 1.9/72 APR $200 DC", followed by "$150" in the MCS Fee column.

I understand that .9/60 means 0.9% Annual Percentage Rate for up to 60 months, etc. The $200 & $150 are obviously fees but one can only speculate who pays them. Is it the buyer? ...The dealer? ...a negotiable area?

Your thoughts?

You're partially incorrect:

.9/60 1.9/72 APR $200 DC

The $200 is Customer Cash.
If the customer buys one of these vehicles, the customer get $200 cash bonus for completing the purchase during the offer period.

The $150 is some other fee that the dealer has to deal with, and is not passed on to the consumer, in any way that they will directly notice.

BC.

Last edited:
You're partially incorrect:

.9/60 1.9/72 APR $200 DC

The $200 is Customer Cash.
If the customer buys one of these vehicles, the customer get $200 cash bonus for completing the purchase during the offer period.

The $150 is some other fee that the dealer has to deal with, and is not passed on to the consumer, in any way that they will directly notice.

BC.
@BC
Thanks for that! I'm happy to have been wrong in my interpretation and apologize for not taking the time to post in a more reasoned manner. I've deleted/modified the incorrect assumptions.

Last edited:
Spoke to a Mazda Dealer in Colorado today.... advises the 2015's are now in transit and should show up locally in CO in the next 30-45 days.

Last edited:
I am seeing more listed on dealer sites such as Wayne Mazda currently 47 of the 2015MY http://www.waynemazda.com/new-inventory/index.htm?start=32&year=2015&model=CX-5&.

I would buy a 2014.5MY if the changes are not significant and I could get a big discount on the 2014.5 to get a GT.

Did a quick number crunch on a 2015 Touring with Tech from the Wayne website. It looks like 2015 MSRP is up $185.

Our problem is we don't want a GT and the selection of well equipped Touring models is pretty limited in this area. I'm happy to travel most anywhere west of the Rockies, perhaps beyond, for a decent price on a 2014.5 White Touring with Tech. I know there's one out there somewhere but I'm disinclined to pay the $630 extra shipping which one dealer wants to get it here. We may just wait for a 2015.

I try to get quotes up front I found a dealer closer however they use a different service to value your trade-in. Wayne Mazda uses NADA which priced my trade up $2,000 more then the local dealer service. First it comes down to price, then the best trade-in value for me, and interest rate on financing to determine what I want to put down on the vehicle as well as the model.

I try to get quotes up front I found a dealer closer however they use a different service to value your trade-in. Wayne Mazda uses NADA which priced my trade up $2,000 more then the local dealer service. First it comes down to price, then the best trade-in value for me, and interest rate on financing to determine what I want to put down on the vehicle as well as the model.
Sounds great! Do they deliver? (whistle)

Back