Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mazda CX-5?

Mazda CX 5 FWD Touring

Items For Sale

2015 Mazda CX-5?

Thinking about trading in my 2007 CX7 on a CX5 2.5L. I would like to hold off for the 2015 model year. Any good guesses when the CX5s might hit the dealers? Ed Hayes

2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Probably February of 2014 at the earliest. They might make the 2014 model year last a little longer than that though due to rushing it out with the bigger engine.

Current: 2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech Crystal White (Rolling Mazda Accessory Catalog: Roof Rails, Mud Guards, Bumper Guard, Cargo Cover, Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, All Weather Mats, Wheel Locks) Matte Black Wheels & Hardwired V1 (click here for instructions: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-a-Valentine-1)

Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

^ This. I'm sure they will make subtle mid-cycle changes. Don't expect anything more than just updates on aesthetic trim pieces, infotainment system (adapting revised one in the new Mazda3), heads up display, and of course the diesel will be arriving in the states.
    2013 Mazda CX-5 Daily - GT, Tech Pack, AWD, Black Mica, Sand/White Interior, LED everrrryyything, and stuff.
    2004 Mazda RX-8 Driveway/AutoX Queen - "Some goodies"

Registered Member

2006 MX-5 GT; 2013 CX-5 Touring FWD

Items For Sale
    OP: You mean the 2015 model that's really a 2014? Or a 2015 they'll no doubt call a 2016? And why didn't they just call the 2014 a 2013.5?!

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

IMHO there will be no substantial changes, except maybe the Diesel engine option.
    They may bring the i-ELoop and maybe the start-stop system. Before the 14' was formally announced, I was contemplating to get the Diesel. With price uncertainty and with DPF filter oil-rise issue, surprise of the 2.5L engine, I decided to play it safe and take the 2.5L. If all choices were available at the time of my purchase, I would lean towards getting the i-ELoop but not the start-stop. If there was no oil-rise issue, I would have preferred the Diesel, depending on the price premium.
    I would not care about most other options/features to delay my decision.

Mazda CX 5 FWD Touring

Items For Sale
    I agree that the diesel is not an option until they get the fuel dilution issue re-engineered. I am only interested in the 2.5L gas and didn't want to purchase a 2014 2.5L and have a 2015 MY come out in a few months. I would also expect some of the minor issues to be resolved with later Vin #s. Ed

2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    ^ This. I'm sure they will make subtle mid-cycle changes. Don't expect anything more than just updates on aesthetic trim pieces, infotainment system (adapting revised one in the new Mazda3), heads up display, and of course the diesel will be arriving in the states.
    I could live without the heads up display (even though its cool) but if they do update the infotainment unit I wonder how easy the swap would be.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda CX 5 FWD Touring

Items For Sale
    I was considering a Touring model with the Sunroof/Bose package in red/tarp.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    I could live without the heads up display (even though its cool) but if they do update the infotainment unit I wonder how easy the swap would be.
    I am really hoping that if it gets the new infotainment/nav is added to the CX-5, that it can be added. Doubt the 15 CX-5 will get the heads up display.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by erhayes View Post
    I am only interested in the 2.5L gas and didn't want to purchase a 2014 2.5L and have a 2015 MY come out in a few months. I would also expect some of the minor issues to be resolved with later Vin #s. Ed
    That just doesn't make sense.
    No matter what model year car you buy, there is always going to be a new model year coming out sometime in the future.

If you knew for a fact that the next version of the car was coming out with something specific that you wanted (like diesel engine option, or a manual transmission option for higher trim levels), then I could understand wanting to wait.

But if the car they offer right now has exactly what you want, exactly what are you waiting for?

BC.

Registered Member

2013 175ps Diesel sport AWD Nav manual with 420NM of torque

Sometimes if you wait too long a price increase comes along.

Mazda CX 5 FWD Touring

Items For Sale
    If you don't need or want immediately then depreciation also folds into the equation. :-)

Registered Member

Mazda6 GS 2004 / Mazda CX-5 GT 2014

Bought a CX-5 GT this week in Canada and my dealer said that the 2014 will stay for most of 2014. But, in September, the AT shifter will be changed for the 2014. Will it be more like the 6 (chrome trim) or like the new 3 (leather) ? Don't know!

Mazda CX 5 FWD Touring

Items For Sale
    good info. thank you. Ed

Registered Member

2010 CX-9 GT, 2014 Mazda6 GT

I think Mazda made a VERY conscious decision by coming out with 2014 vs 2013.5. First, a new engine is a major upgrade warranting a new model year nameplate. In marketing, seeing a new model year in adverts and in showrooms gets customers asking what is "new" in that model. The lack of power was the only major negative on almost all test drives in auto magazine reviews for the 2013 MY. And the 2.5L has proven an extremely successful upgrade in terms of sales. Moving forward, I think Mazda also learned a major lesson with styling changes that are too radical, that is, the "smiley face" on the Mazda3 and to a lesser extent on CX-7 and CX-9. It is wise (sales-wise) for Mazda to think "if it ain't broke, why fix it" for ANY major changes whatsoever. So, perhaps some bug fixes and minor trim changes prior to 2015 MYC, but not much else. Since it's definitely a long period of time til the 2015 MY, Mazda might introduce it a few months early. This will give Mazda time to evaluate the diesel sales on Mazda6 and perhaps that MIGHT be the only major change for 2015, except for interior trim and minor, minor exterior changes. Just my $.02
    Previous Mazda's
    84 626
    92 Protege
    90 MPV
    97 MPV
    93 Miata
    00 626
    01 626
    03 MPV
    02 Tribute
    06 Mazda3
    09 cx-7