2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Upgrades!

Congrats on this beauty! 26k?! Wow. I also replaced my front sides and rear MM but I waited until I did the 626 IM swap and it was still a bit of a pain. Good luck with your MSP I purchased mine brand new and never plan on letting it go even though there were many times I wanted to lol.

welcome!!!, you definitely have one well taken care of car. Just don't let the mod bug bite too hard..lol. I never really planned on modding my car that much. But you can see my sig and see that didn't happen.

Congrats on this beauty! 26k?! Wow. I also replaced my front sides and rear MM but I waited until I did the 626 IM swap and it was still a bit of a pain. Good luck with your MSP I purchased mine brand new and never plan on letting it go even though there were many times I wanted to lol.

Thank you! Mine was also purchased brand new. But i did notice something that did concern me as I was driving on the highway yesterday afternoon. The car gets super loud when hitting only 80! In jersey there arent to many road where you can even hit 70mph (atleast where im located) so this was kinda bothering me. I know the car's rpm is getting very high in 5th gear at that 80mph mark, but do they all really get that loud and produce a lot of vibrations? Our family car is a 2004 Honda Pilot and i know that car had a bigger engine and is a differnent type of car in general, but it doesnt do perform that way when Im doing 80 in the honda pilot. This is just me thinking out loud. Maybe someone can answer this ..

Thank you! Mine was also purchased brand new. But i did notice something that did concern me as I was driving on the highway yesterday afternoon. The car gets super loud when hitting only 80! In jersey there arent to many road where you can even hit 70mph (atleast where im located) so this was kinda bothering me. I know the car's rpm is getting very high in 5th gear at that 80mph mark, but do they all really get that loud and produce a lot of vibrations? Our family car is a 2004 Honda Pilot and i know that car had a bigger engine and is a differnent type of car in general, but it doesnt do perform that way when Im doing 80 in the honda pilot. This is just me thinking out loud. Maybe someone can answer this ..

there shouldn't be any vibrations and the car shouldn't be any louder except for engine noise which should be easy to identify. perhaps there is a wheel slightly out of balance?? that would certainly cause vibrations and possible some additional road noise due to the tire "bouncing"

there shouldn't be any vibrations and the car shouldn't be any louder except for engine noise which should be easy to identify. perhaps there is a wheel slightly out of balance?? that would certainly cause vibrations and possible some additional road noise due to the tire "bouncing"

would it have anything to do with a mm?

motor mounts will make your car vibrate more, and thus become a tad bit more noisy... yes.

Could be the front or rear mm that I have not been able to check atm. I still have new tires that I purchased that I still have to get put on. I will have the balance the wheels as well just to eliminate that option as a problem that might be causing the excessive vibrations.

fyi: Most of the vibrations are felt in the shifter itself, pedals, and steering wheel; just to clarify.

yeah... if you don't like the vibrations, the MSP not really made for you, hahah

i mean i guess they will be minimal if you keep it somewhat stock, but the more you upgrade the more vibrations you will get.

i've owned three MSPs to this point,

mine = highly upgraded and a vibration machine.

titanium that was partially done up w/ bolt ons and exhaust = vibration machine

black one that was almost stock besides an intake and it wasn't on the same level as the other two, but was far from a smooth/vibration free cabin.

drive a MS3 and you will feel the difference. i've actually been thinking about taking my whole interior apart and applying sound deadening to the floors/door panels to help tone it down a notch.

yeah... if you don't like the vibrations, the MSP not really made for you, hahah

i mean i guess they will be minimal if you keep it somewhat stock, but the more you upgrade the more vibrations you will get.

i've owned three MSPs to this point,

mine = highly upgraded and a vibration machine.

titanium that was partially done up w/ bolt ons and exhaust = vibration machine

black one that was almost stock besides an intake and it wasn't on the same level as the other two, but was far from a smooth/vibration free cabin.

drive a MS3 and you will feel the difference. i've actually been thinking about taking my whole interior apart and applying sound deadening to the floors/door panels to help tone it down a notch.

Im actually fine with the vibrations, but I just wanted to make sure it wasnt a problem. lol

What is everyone's opinion on getting the ECU TSB flash? Im not even sure if i have it or not, but should i get it done if i plan to keep everything stock?

i dont personally deal with or dealt with Ken at PG. but many have had bad service other have had good service with him. just stick with cr3motorsports.com , speedcircuit.net , or cross over auto . com

PG is notorious for bad/incorrect shipping info, little to no communication on here, email or even by phone. Most of my experiences with him were bad along with numerous others on here. A few local friends had bad experiences also, for example: ordering a complete engine through him which knocked upon first start up. So, parts quality issues, inaccurate shipping info, no communication, incomplete shipments, and the list goes on. For any parts you need, stick with the sites listed above in post 98

Back