New Rx8 questions - Melted dash harness. / PDF tech manual

anthonyallred

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - 2.0L
Hey all, just picked up a 2004 RX8 last night and have a couple questions. It needs a dash wiring harness before it will run and i am looking for detailed wiring schematics for the repair as well for the dash removal. Anyone have a link or could you email me pdf copies of the mazda technical service manual? I found a wicked one for my protege that just needed to be unzipped.

Also has anyone experience this melted dash harness issue? Specifically the yellow and b/y wires melted together? How many pieces is the dash harness in and what should i order from my wrecker. Haven't had a chance to rip it apart yet but wanted to inquire. I have the mechanics diagnoses from the dealer if that info would help. Anyone in Calgary?

Found the workshop manual so all good there. Anyone have front wiring harness for sale? Goes from the ecu across the front of the car and into the firewall on the drivers side. I have a 2004 rx8 manual transmission. Also need in dash harness. Thanks.

I would http://www.mazmart.com/ and also check out rx8club.com if you are looking for more info on the car or problems with it. As for the melted harness... I have never heard of anyone having that problem. Where did you get the car from? Any explanation as to how the harness melted? If it had anything to do with a failing alternator than you will probably need much more than just the harness to repair it.

Back