Scoobs Build Thread

Don't forget i can get you the coils as well. :)

What do you suggest brother ;)

I looked at Standard but my friend told me to look a BC instead.

All I need is a great ride, Im not sure the Corksport Dampers will do the job as well as a good set of coil overs.

The Focus RS is on it's way to America/Canada. I got my eyes on the S3 or Golf R or the New Focus RS in 2 years.
The 2 will prob go to my Girlfriend's dauther. She's will be 18 by then and she will need a car. I cant think of ever selling the 2.

But I could build the 2 for performance, going all out on the 2 and buying the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. That thing looks cool.

That Focus RS is very tempting i have to say.

Options available under $1000 are BC Racing, Ksport or Standard Suspension. I'd recommend all three options really. All similar price, all good quality. All have good ride comfort and all have about the same options. Although, from what i know the Standard Suspension kit includes camber adjustments in the front. I know Ksport doesn't and would have to check on BC to make sure. Standard Suspension also offers free shipping within Canada.

My only actual experience so far are with Ksport Kontrol Pro and i have no complaints what so ever. Ride comfort is almost like stock and you have all the adjustability you'll need. I've had no complaint from any Mazda 2 owner that's bought a kit from me. At least no ones told me anything bad. :)

By the way. There is a skid plate available if you're looking for that. Rival Skid Plate.

15472445072_b6249865ae.jpg

What do you suggest brother ;)

I looked at Standard but my friend told me to look a BC instead.

All I need is a great ride, Im not sure the Corksport Dampers will do the job as well as a good set of coil overs.

The Focus RS is on it's way to America/Canada. I got my eyes on the S3 or Golf R or the New Focus RS in 2 years.
The 2 will prob go to my Girlfriend's dauther. She's will be 18 by then and she will need a car. I cant think of ever selling the 2.

But I could build the 2 for performance, going all out on the 2 and buying the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. That thing looks cool.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find the product page for this particular skid plate from Rival's site. Also, they seem more like they are in the market for ATVs instead of passenger cars.

Care to show us the link?

Rival produces for a wide variety of vehicles including ATVs, cars and trucks. Visit the Rival website for more info. Although they don't have a list of the actual vehicle they produce for. However, i know for a fact that they do. They use high quality materials, they are lightweight, rust resistant and easy bolt on.

I should probably start a new thread for these as I'm jackin' Scoobs thread!! :)

DSC_0263.JPG

I can't seem to find the product page for this particular skid plate from Rival's site. Also, they seem more like they are in the market for ATVs instead of passenger cars.

Care to show us the link?

Last edited:
Although, from what i know the Standard Suspension kit includes camber adjustments in the front. I know Ksport doesn't and would have to check on BC to make sure.

My only actual experience so far are with Ksport Kontrol Pro and i have no complaints what so ever. Ride comfort is almost like stock and you have all the adjustability you'll need. I've had no complaint from any Mazda 2 owner that's bought a kit from me. At least no ones told me anything bad. :)

BC has fully adjustable camber plates although you do have to remove the strut to change it. They are set from the factory with around -2.5 which is about where you want them anyway.

Ride is awesome, even with higher than "spec" spring rates. I think they spec them at 6k/5k although you can pick any rate you like.

Thanks for the info.

BC has fully adjustable camber plates although you do have to remove the strut to change it. They are set from the factory with around -2.5 which is about where you want them anyway.

Ride is awesome, even with higher than "spec" spring rates. I think they spec them at 6k/5k although you can pick any rate you like.

That Focus RS is very tempting i have to say.

Options available under $1000 are BC Racing, Ksport or Standard Suspension. I'd recommend all three options really. All similar price, all good quality. All have good ride comfort and all have about the same options. Although, from what i know the Standard Suspension kit includes camber adjustments in the front. I know Ksport doesn't and would have to check on BC to make sure. Standard Suspension also offers free shipping within Canada.

By the way. There is a skid plate available if you're looking for that. Rival Skid Plate.

15472445072_b6249865ae.jpg

That plate may be the ticket to protect the bottom end of our 2's. I will save up for it but I got to get my suspension upgraded, also I got to buy a set of wheels and tires.

I saw some nice RX8 seats for sell and I was thinking what if the could fit in the 2. It would be comfortable and dam good looking in my car :)

I was also thinking of getting the Corksport dampers to mate with the oem springs, Corksport front sway bar, rally mud flaps, 15x7 wheels with oversized tires to give it more clearence. But its still a fwd lol

The coil overs for a better ride seem to be a better choice. Keeping the low ride

I just watch a vid on the Golf R and wow, what a great DD.... I got to think about what Im going to do to the 2 for now on. I may make it more comfy to "sell" to my wife s dauther in a few years and buy the R ;)

I just watch a vid on the Golf R and wow, what a great DD.... I got to think about what Im going to do to the 2 for now on. I may make it more comfy to "sell" to my wife s dauther in a few years and buy the R ;)

Or...make a trip to Jersey and pick up a ready to install in your 2 pair of fixed back seats with brackets...

Installation included...

Or...make a trip to Jersey and pick up a ready to install in your 2 pair of fixed back seats with brackets...

Installation included...

Hahaha that's an good idea but no cash for now.

I got some ideas for the 2, I'm not giving up but the project is going in a new direction. I dont think any one ever build what I'm about to build. Stay tuned lol

I took off my rear engine mount, the vibs were gettin out of control. The noise is now back to normal, feels better also.
Im working on making the 2 a better DD, sporty but comfy. Im planing on getting a sports car soon. Got my eye on the next MX5 if the price of the Club package is good.
I will still upgrade the 2 and post my mods but dont expect big things, money needs to go toward the next project, the aftermarket support is to weak for the 2 to keep doing mods on it. Power mods aint there for the 2, where are the engine swaps, turbo kits, supercharger kits???? Well the reason is that it's a low market that doesn't sell. So I say, lets move to the next project.

The ND needs a FI kit bad, yeah the power to weight is great but with 200+hp it will be a amazing little car :)

Back