Please help! Battery keeps getting corroded

Born_Villain

:
2004 Mazda RX8
I repeatedly get this buildup on the battery of my RX8. I'm not good with working on cars. I am recently divorced and I kept the car because I paid for it. Problem is I have no clue on what to do. I took it in while it was under warranty because the engine light was on. (Four months ago). They kept it for three weeks! Never had this problem before that other than the check engine light. The first time I drove it, it died. Second time, had to get AAA to tow it to my house and the most annoying part was that the check engine light is still on! Never went off! I already paid $700 for what they "worked" on but it is worse than ever. I asked them to fix it but they said they would have to charge me all over again. My ex cleaned it up with baking soda but that was about a month and a half ago and it is just as bad as it was. My dad ( who lives 650 miles away) tried to clean it up. In replaced the battery twice in the past year. My ex is stationed in Hawaii do he I'd not able to help. Please help me figure out what I need to replace. I am already on a very tight budget and am tired of getting screwed over by the guys at the auto shop. I will drive to my dad if he I get the right parts, he drove once to help me already but he told me I need to find out the parts I needed and have them ready. Thank you in advance!

You need to find out what it is that they did for $700 to your car. They should have provided you with a receipt detailing what work was done to the car. Secondly you need to find out what code is throwing the check engine light, you can take it to autozone or advance auto and have the code checked and post on here what it is. How did the car die? While you were driving or when you shut it off it wouldn't come back on? Any other electrical issues?
My first guess without knowing enough to actually diagnose your problem is that it's probably the alternator overvolting due to failure or possibly bad ground wires. If it is the alternator you are not going to want to drive it far at all as it could fry all your electrical systems, if you do drive it you have to keep the revs as low as possible.

Back