Paul the Protege Build Thread!

Yeah I don't like the silver on the 03 stock wheels so I figured out a way to do a two tone plastidip so maybe do a black lime green setup on my wheels but idk yet.

Build will be slow for a bit, I'll try to keep updated with pics and such, but all my money is going towards making my car run beautifully right now, and fixing some annoying noises... My passenger rear bumper is loose by the wheel well and it's driving me nuts.

Waxed the car and got a little fisheye camera for fun:)

ySAtId5.jpg

dzjnojO.jpg

Tokico Blue's on there way to Washington from Canada courtesy of Jperera! He threw in front sway bar links and I ordered up the rears, also scored some Wade Westin Weather guards for only $25 shipped on eBay! Thinking of doing a chargespeed lip, opinions?

Sorry for the bad picture!
McewHi9.jpg

Tokico Struts should be here tomorrow, also OEM tweeters on the way and some new HID bulbs(bulbs were slightly different colors), also going to attempt to restore my headlights AGAIN this weekend... should be eventful! Post pics of the new struts and end links... cant wait! :D

Tokico Blues are in! Car is way more responsive and the ride is AMAZING compared to the OEM struts. The only downside is they lifted my car in the back by 1/4-1/2 an inch.. :\ My old struts were so bad in the rear that they made it lower! It's not too terribly noticeable I think I just notice it more... But its really motivated me to save up for coils. I'll post a picture later tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Took Paul to the car wash and cleaned/vacuumed him all good... still love him even with his *****-like wheel gap...

last picture with that low-ish life...
2NvzaFm.jpg

dat air dam tho...
dj5uzna.jpg

wheel gap :(
WcpAicE.jpg

interior is so clean I found some Reese's jammed in the passenger seat.
2TG4hCF.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the tire clearance in the back, but I am running my front eibachs w/out the rubber spring isolators. Instead I slipped a 1/2" I.D. heater hose over the lowest coil of the spring. Dropped the front by almost half an inch.

I don't have the tire clearance in the back, but I am running my front eibachs w/out the rubber spring isolators. Instead I slipped a 1/2" I.D. heater hose over the lowest coil of the spring. Dropped the front by almost half an inch.

Hmmm really? How's the ride comfort? And did you do that on top and bottom?

Ride feels the same to me. I did it on just the bottom. If you did it on the top and bottom the fronts wouldn't have any preload and your springs could potentially fall off. It takes some muscle and some soapy water to get the hose on. When I said "slipped" in my other post I meant twist and push with all your might while screaming in pain. It's really not that bad though, and was totally worth it, because now i've got less than a two finger gap with my 215/40/17's.

It's been awhile since I've posted! Finals and 40 hour weeks left me with no time.. but, I did get a little update for you all!

Picked up a MSP Axleback for $90 shipped, gives the car a great tone, and its not too loud:)
PYyz6Vu.jpg

Got 03 cupholders, they were pretty beat up so I decided to paint them... going to do the hvac surround and switch plates when I get the time!
H4FOPmG.jpg

Ey6kILE.jpg

before:
ofbTJbZ.jpg

after:
ouocerk.jpg

Also picked up some tweeters
uHH6TRK.jpg

I'm thinking next up is an engine rebuild and coilovers, if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them! Don't be shy!

Bought a dash cam off of amazon for $50 and it's sweet! Will link a youtube vid of it later, takes great video for how cheap it was!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uH1lQStv8FM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little clip from the dash cam! Some biker tried to fight the dude in the truck, you cant hear much but the quality on this camera is amazing for $50! I apologize for the profanity in the music, this was just an interesting video!

FINALLY LOW AGAIN!(eekdance)

Ordered Yellowspeed coilovers through the GB and they shipped here (Washington) from Taiwan in 3 days (wow)

Install went smooth, however we didn't get started until 6pm because I missed FedEx by 5 minutes.. so it went late!
Currently have the fronts at manufacturer height, as for the rears we raised them 3/8 in. from manu. settings to avoid rubbing TOO much until we buy a fender roller... Anyways PICS! (sorry cell phone pics...)

Beautiful
qUY64gX.jpg

oZS5ycU.jpg

Old vs. New
4MaHvxp.jpg

GGVrDFK.jpg

Definitely lower in the rear now(boom05)
uYD4sAV.jpg

And just some pics
mA8xJxi.jpg

3RtLFsQ.jpg

5PmCAHL.jpg

Looks great, but why the hell are you running winter tires now, and on those nice rims?

Back