Paul the Protege Build Thread!

Pimpecoven

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone! Your cars are all inspiring me! gonna start dropping some money on my p5 :) its basically all stock atm because I have loads of college fees!:/ but i intend on doing alot! so here we go!

Current Additions/Mods
-6000k 55w Innovited HIDs
-Viper 350HV Alarm System
Exterior
-Yellowspeed Coilovers
-16x7.5 +38 Konig Roller's
-Plastidipped Rear Valence
-Yellow fog tint
-Blacked out emblems
-Wade/Westin Smoke Weather Guards - 4 pc.
-MSP Axle Back Exhaust
Interior
-2 Kenwood 10's
-Sony Xplod 1000 Watt amp
-Kenwood Deck
-Ralco RZ Short Shifter
-Razo Weighted shift knob
-03 OEM Tweeters
Future Additions/Mods
-Adjustable front endlinks
-Rolled Fenders
-Customized license plate
-Hi-Flow cat
-Window Tint
-Mazda6 Brake upgrade
-JDM Tails
-Front lip (s204 w/ MSP or DG)

Pictures:

When I first bought it...
33wthdi.jpg

ibatub.jpg

Current...
Kz0J1Wh.jpg

jZp6sdX.jpg

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    705.8 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Nice Weather out today so i thought I'd Clean the car. Also had Viper 350 HV alarm system installed today! And my Zoom-Zoom sticker came today

2r71sfc.jpg

I like the look of white but I'm not sure if it'll flow well with midnight blue and it's a hassle to keep clean with brake dust alone. And plastidip is a dirt magnet, soooooooo..... definitely black.

Or if you're plastidipping might as well go with a crazy color since you can peel it off anyway (alright)

I like the look of white but I'm not sure if it'll flow well with midnight blue and it's a hassle to keep clean with brake dust alone. And plastidip is a dirt magnet, soooooooo..... definitely black.

Or if you're plastidipping might as well go with a crazy color since you can peel it off anyway (alright)

I was thinking of doing something exotic! But not much goes with the blue, so I was thinking if I went crazy maybe gold, but it doesn't look good on the stocks I don't think!

I like how gold is crazy, that's the color I'm going with for my wheels. If i can find something that I like that won't cost $3K.

I like how gold is crazy, that's the color I'm going with for my wheels. If i can find something that I like that won't cost $3K.

I love the look of Gold on a P5! And I feel you! That's why for the mean time I'm gonna drop $18 and dip my stocks while I search!

Going to get plasti dip either today or tomorrow and do my rims! Ill have pics. Also gonna dip the little groove along the back bumper that everyone else dips.

We do! haha yeah i like it, works good especially for the price. i just hate that i have to use the favorite button for radio stations versus having 1-6 buttons :/

I love its simplicity. And I never listen to the radio so I don't have that problem haha. I saw a black msp with gold rx8 wheels that looked phenomenal. I dipped my stock wheels black and I think they came out alright. Do they make gold plastidip????

Hey everyone! Went down to home Depot today picked up 3 cans of black plastidip and had a good old time! My chrome rims were shot from the previous owner who ran them in the snow (dumbass). You'll see what I'm talking about down below! Here's a few pics of my progress, let me know what you guys think! Ill have some better pics tomorrow when the sun comes up!

Here's the rims all prepped and ready for the first coat.
ejtpxj.jpg

The Final Product ;) (color looks weird because i had a flashlight and my phone flash on)
157j6vm.jpg

Almost has a "Rally" look to it... Thinking about throwing some Rally Armour Flaps on
33ts9oo.jpg

Saw that everyone was doing it and had to paint my Valence. Thinking about painting the wing? Opinions?
19axac.jpg

Last edited:
I love its simplicity. And I never listen to the radio so I don't have that problem haha. I saw a black msp with gold rx8 wheels that looked phenomenal. I dipped my stock wheels black and I think they came out alright. Do they make gold plastidip????

I'm gonna look into it! after dipping today id love to do a gold set!

Back