2013 CX-9 GT "Hidden" Features

JoeyV27

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 GT
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this but, I want to know if there is a list of "hidden" features that the CX-9 may have that are not programmed by default. For example...

* Flip the turn signal half way to make the indicators blink 3 times.
* Assign the driver's seat & mirror memory to their smart key.

Thanks,

Joey
08' Mazda CX-9 GT, 10' Mazda6 GT, 11' Mazda CX-7, 13' Mazda CX-9 GT

Is saving the seat memory and mirror position to the advanced key available on the 2010 GT? I've been looking for that feature for a few days.

Last edited:
Any more hidden features that we need to know?

It's in the manual, so not "hidden". If you press and release the unlock button on the fob, then immediately press and hold the unlock button on the fob again, it will open both front windows and the sunroof. It's so you can cool the car just before you get in. Unfortunately it won't work in the reverse (can't close the windows/sunroof).

^Most cars have that feature.

If you take your CX-9 to the dealer they can hook up IDS and there are several parameters 'hidden features' that can be adjusted.

^Most cars have that feature.

If you take your CX-9 to the dealer they can hook up IDS and there are several parameters 'hidden features' that can be adjusted.

LOL. I haven't had a new car in a long time.

I do plan to go back to the dealer to turn on the auto-lock-as-you-walk-away feature.

What is IDS?

By IDS, I think he meant dealer's handheld computer that is capable of modifying features among other uses.

chance, that's a great tip. To let folks know, the reverse for that function is to hold down the drivers side door lock button. All the open windows will slide closed while the button is depressed.
It's in the manual, so not "hidden". If you press and release the unlock button on the fob, then immediately press and hold the unlock button on the fob again, it will open both front windows and the sunroof. It's so you can cool the car just before you get in. Unfortunately it won't work in the reverse (can't close the windows/sunroof).

#1 not working with 2008.

This feature not available before the 2010 models at least (I have a 2009 and it doesn't work for me either). Competitive cars, like the Chevy Traverse, etc., have had the "3-blink" for many years, so Mazda finally added it in later models, it seems.
It's a minor help feature: You don't have to hold the turn signal stalk down or hit it on, then off just for quick lane changes.

We've got a 2013 CX-9 and it doesnt have the lane change feature...which is annoying when i switch from my VW, which has had it for over a decade or so on their american cars thankfully. Did we manage to turn this off somehow?

This isn't exactly hidden, but most people don't read their Owner's Manual so they don't realize that it can be changed...

The door locks are programmed so that all doors automatically lock when the vehicle reaches approximately 20mph and they unlock when the ignition is switched to OFF. I changed it so that the doors LOCK when the shifter is moved out of PARK and disabled the automatic UNLOCK feature altogether. I'd rather decide when my doors are unlocked and not have it happen automatically when I turn off the engine.

I also had the dealership enable the automatic locking when I walk away from the vehicle carrying the Advanced Key. It works most of the time, but not always. Now I just hit the 'request button' on the driver's door handle to lock everything, just to be sure.

I've tried this before and just tried again with my 2011 and it doesn't work. Anyone know if this feature needs to be activated in some way before functioning? Inserting the key in the driver's door lock and holding it in a counter-clockwise position does open the front windows and moonroof, clockwise closes them again. I don't find that terribly useful if I'm already at the car but doing this remotely is handy. Why doesn't it work on my 2011 Touring Edition?

It sometimes feels like a little magic is needed. You have to time the two keyfob presses just right. I find that you have to get both key presses approx. half a second apart. I still have the car beep twice on unlock, so my pattern is:

press <beep be..> press & hold <...ep>

I get the timing correct about 66% of the time. I usually give up if I can't get it after the second try.

And you have to be in front of the same receiver for the two presses, you can't be walking from the front of the car to the back of the car while you do it. Example - Occasionally, if I am walking towards my car at a diagonal, and start getting the windows rolling down and the sunroof opening, the sunroof will stop partway b/c the front receiver has lost the signal in favor of the passenger door receiver as I get closer to the car and it ends up cancelling the opening sequence. Other times, if I stay in the front of the car the whole time, the sunroof will open all the way.

Back