Live traffic updates?

Yes, I watched as the NB1 system updated take ~10 minutes to download then proceed to fail with file transfer. It is either a faulty SD card or TomTom Home program (which I will reinstall). We shall find out.

Update.

Live traffic now up and running following a visit to the dealer for yet another unit. Makes it 3+1 thus far.

Following complaints to both Mazda & TomTom I have had excellent back-up from both. Considering the trips made to have 3 units replaced, plus each time I have had to make an initial visit for the dealers "assessment" of the failure, it was a case of some form of offer had to be made.

Mazda has arranged complimentary front & rear mud-flaps as well as a hefty discount from my next service, and Tomtom have extended live traffic plus free map updates for some significant time.

Alex

A strange thing happened on way back from London. As in previous posts I'm waiting for a replacement head unit but had to make a trip to Suffolk then onto London, cursed not having live services when stuck in traffic on North Circular but on Sunday morning live services suddenly reappeared and have worked ever since. Are any other UK owners now back on line..... should I consider it an intermittent fault or just see if it'll be replaced on Thursday?

I should think so, four units is getting silly.
Hope you are getting the flaps fitted in the compo.

Did TT offer any reason for the failures?

Update.

Live traffic now up and running following a visit to the dealer for yet another unit. Makes it 3+1 thus far.

Following complaints to both Mazda & TomTom I have had excellent back-up from both. Considering the trips made to have 3 units replaced, plus each time I have had to make an initial visit for the dealers "assessment" of the failure, it was a case of some form of offer had to be made.

Mazda has arranged complimentary front & rear mud-flaps as well as a hefty discount from my next service, and Tomtom have extended live traffic plus free map updates for some significant time.

Alex

Update.

Alex

Well done I'm glad you got sorted.
I'm booked into the dealer again for tomorrow to see what they are going to do about my "dead services"..... They haven't worked for quite some time now.

I should think so, four units is getting silly.
Hope you are getting the flaps fitted in the compo.

Did TT offer any reason for the failures?

Flaps included fitting.

Also I needed an oil change at 6,000 miles (Rising levels as documented on another thread) I had paid for this, but Mazda has also refunded the cost.

TomTom can only apologise, but they did give me free traffic until end of June 2014 (Originally due to expire Dec 2013) Plus map updates for 4 months.

Like JY1 mine suddenly kicked back to life on Friday after 2 weeks of nothing. I still had it replaced on Monday however.

Alex

The dealer I go to, who I must say has been more than accommodating, has ordered a new card reader.... Hopefully my live services will be up and running again in a week or so.

Anyone having problems with adding and accessing old saved favorite destinations with the newest update? Ever since I updated it a few days ago, my favorites refused to show old saved locations and will not save newly added locations.

The dealer I go to, who I must say has been more than accommodating, has ordered a new card reader.... Hopefully my live services will be up and running again in a week or so.

Don't hold your breathe on that one. Had a new card reader installed on Wednesday, been in contact with TomTom support ever since, still not recognising Live Services, showing "no connection" on the network. TT say they've re-initiated the SIM card but still not working. More calls to TT tomorrow and then back to dealer in Newport I suspect.

Don't hold your breathe on that one. Had a new card reader installed on Wednesday, been in contact with TomTom support ever since, still not recognising Live Services, showing "no connection" on the network. TT say they've re-initiated the SIM card but still not working. More calls to TT tomorrow and then back to dealer in Newport I suspect.

I've had many 'things' changed and it still doesn't work. In the 'Network' option the 4 bits of information often only show the lowest two or none at all. My dealer has been in liaising between TT and Mazda since last July!. In fact, the Dealer Principal (Nunns, Grimsby) does everything. For example, when a module is replaced and a new map and software needed downloading he does it all. And, because the garage is quite a distance away he collects and returns the car. liaison
One of the problems is that there are four companies involved. TT still refute there is a problem with Live Services and my car is basically the only one having problems!.

All of a sudden yesterday, after approx 5 weeks or more of dead services, suddenly they were just there, working like there had never been an issue. Not a peep from them for all this time, then a couple of days after a replacement part is ordered they suddenly work..... They are still working today..... Very strange indeed.
My live services were to expire 18th April, I checked their expiry date again today and it is now set for 2nd May.... Another very strange thing!

All of a sudden yesterday, after approx 5 weeks or more of dead services, suddenly they were just there, working like there had never been an issue. Not a peep from them for all this time, then a couple of days after a replacement part is ordered they suddenly work..... They are still working today..... Very strange indeed.
My live services were to expire 18th April, I checked their expiry date again today and it is now set for 2nd May.... Another very strange thing!

It is crazy, exactly the same as I've had to put up with.

The last two times I've had my unit replaced, it decided to suddenly become fully operational two days before replacement after a 4 week loss of live services.

I love the car to bits, yet I have no confidence in TomTom at all.

I have another long motorway trip 4th May, what's the betting I will lose Live Services the day before.

Alex.

Did not read entire thread

However, when we purchased our CX-5 last weekendthe salesman said the traffic feed is not a true live feed, but runs off a statistical algorithm that estimates traffic jams based on historical data.

It is crazy, exactly the same as I've had to put up with.

The last two times I've had my unit replaced, it decided to suddenly become fully operational two days before replacement after a 4 week loss of live services.

I love the car to bits, yet I have no confidence in TomTom at all.

I have another long motorway trip 4th May, what's the betting I will lose Live Services the day before.

Alex.

I've got 300 miles or so to do tomorrow.... Hopefully the live services will still work for that. I'm also hoping that I get a better mpg return as the weather is warming up....

Did not read entire thread…

However, when we purchased our CX-5 last weekend…the salesman said the traffic feed is not a true live feed, but runs off a statistical algorithm that “estimates” traffic jams based on historical data.

Sorry he has got that one wrong. When it does work it is deadly accurate.

My daily commute is normally traffic free, but on the rare occasion there was a hold-up, would show up on the screen.

Also I had a trip down the M6 back in December, M/Way was closed due to an accident, live traffic was ahead of the traffic news on the radio, plotted an alternative route, which was re-plotted again as all the surrounding roads became gridlocked.

The live traffic is so intuitive, accurate and precise, which are the reasons I like to keep it operational, and have become to rely upon it.

Alex

In my 2014 Touring with Tech, if you go into the Traffic settings there is a check box to enable selecting a certain radio frequency for traffic updates.
My portable Garmin GPS has a fm traffic radio dongle for traffic updates. So if there is that setting, it will probably be live.
Does anyone know the FM traffic frequency? We can input it and see if it gets information.

In my 2014 Touring with Tech, if you go into the Traffic settings there is a check box to enable selecting a certain radio frequency for traffic updates.
My portable Garmin GPS has a fm traffic radio dongle for traffic updates. So if there is that setting, it will probably be live.
Does anyone know the FM traffic frequency? We can input it and see if it gets information.

Good to know. I’ll mess with it this weekend. Does it automatically pull in the radio frequency? Need to find time to read the owner’s manual also.

Good to know. I’ll mess with it this weekend. Does it automatically pull in the radio frequency? Need to find time to read the owner’s manual also.

Yes all automatic, and will default to the best if you don't try the search facility.

Mine has been so unstable & volatile I decided not to play about with it.

Alex

I've got 300 miles or so to do tomorrow.... Hopefully the live services will still work for that. I'm also hoping that I get a better mpg return as the weather is warming up....

Hd my card reader replaced, subscribed to Live Services and to my surprise - nothing! Well I wasn't really surprised, I didn't build my hopes up too much, yet again lodged a complaint with TT .Have a look the below from TomTom support....

Hello, it’s Thomas here from the TomTom Customer Support Team. Thank you for your email. I have since been in touch with my Second Line Technical Team regarding your case. They have advised that it seems as though the device was not actually designed to be a LIVE device, which would explain the missing options in the menus of the device.
Unfortunately this hardware issue is not something which any software troubleshooting will be able to resolve, so I you will need to contact the Mazda dealer who can advise further on resolving the issue......

Is it any wonder that we can't get this issue resolved. Dealer in Newport is now on to Mazda UK but even he is getting really frustrated with the issue.

Back