2 Second Delay when streaming via Bluetooth

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Does anyone else notice a delay when streaming video or audio from your device via Bluetooth to the stock head unit in the 2013 CX-5? I notice when video is playing the audio is 2 seconds behind the video playing on my BlackBerry Z10. I also have this same result on my PlayBook and my BlackBerry 9810. When I change songs the screen changes right away but takes 2 seconds to start playing on the head unit. Just curious what else other have experienced. I know a 2 seconds delay is not bad for audio but when other manufacture can do it properly I would think Mazda could also. I have had 2009 model stereos that don't do this so I assume this is just bad implementation on Mazdas part.

If that is all that is worth complaining about, we can assume that Mazda did a good job building the car.

Yes, and annoying at times. It's just streaming so much data at the same time.

yup, i also noticed it on my previous car though (tsx). Must be a common BT/stream issue. I'm more concerned about the damn delay on the touchscreen when pressing buttons.

Yes I am the same, i will hit next on the steering wheel and i think I did not hit it because of the delay. I did not have this on previous stereos. Just this one. I also have Bluetooth headphones and there is no delay on them at all!

If that is all that is worth complaining about, we can assume that Mazda did a good job building the car.

I am glad you are thinking the good side, I am happy with my CX-5 but I also paid $28,000 for it after taxes and I would expect value for that $28,000 in what I purchased. It is not outrageous to expect things to preform at lest at a par level, not sub par level!

It is due to the fact that we are still running Bluetooth 3.0 and the data transfer rate with all these feature will have a slight delay. BT 4.0 corrected this issue but 4.0 isn't out for most automotive uses.

It is due to the fact that we are still running Bluetooth 3.0 and the data transfer rate with all these feature will have a slight delay. BT 4.0 corrected this issue but 4.0 isn't out for most automotive uses.

But I am running headphones with A2DP using BT 2.0 with 0 delay so I can't see this as being the reason of the delay. Not unless Mazda is doing 15 other things to kill the rest of the bandwidth in the spec where my head phones don't ask for anything but A2DP I have been using Bluetooth streaming for almost 4 years now in my car before I purchased the CX-5 and never had any issues and the sound quality was perfect to me.

Latest posts

Back