Rockin's 2013 MZ3 Skyactiv Hatch M/T in VRM!

Rockin03mp5

:
'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom
So, my 2011 Mazda6 lease was up, so I needed a new ride. I was first looking at something with more power, but money started becoming more of a factor, both up front cost and mileage. So, I took a skyactiv3 m/t hatch for a ride and decided that was it. So, I ordered one way back in October to make sure it would be around when my lease was up. I got to pick my color and options. I went with a touring hatch, manual trans, in velocity red mica. Only thing i added was the fog lights. Thought they were needed. Wish side skirts were an option, but they were only available to be added later by the dealership for way too much.
On 1/14/13 it was at the dealership and I picked it up.

Here she is. (there is a lot more snow on the ground now)
20130114_131148_zps3240c5de.jpg

20130114_131125_zps201785de.jpg

Here she is all snug in her new home.
20130114_134224_zpseff5bb98.jpg

So, I haven't been driving her much since i still had the 6 and the weather has been crap. I just returned the 6 though because I'm sick of scraping it off every morning. (i still had about 6 days left on the lease) The 6 was a good car. I averaged 27.6 mpg with her. Probably better than my protege did. Better than my 5 for sure.

Got a lot of plans for the 3. Money is a bit tight right now though. But tint and floor mats are first on the list. Then, who knows.

And, here are some more pics I just took. Bone stock as she sits on 2/5/13.

IMG_1595_zpse4641220.jpg

IMG_1597_zps90a8fcda.jpg

7f40c974-c063-4099-a094-8ff0307a8f0b_zps6399118d.jpg

Last edited:
Got my windows tinted. 5% on the rear, 30% on the front.

IMG_1601_zpsea9c5493.jpg

Also, installed the child seats, and seatback protectors... well, that was a few days ago.

IMG_1604_zps289507df.jpg

Added a "mod" to my keychain

20130312_125252_zps17f2e59f.jpg

and purchased something else for it. Pics of that when it comes in and is installed.

got my 13' mazda 6i skyactiv last saturday, and i love it. got my list of mods to be in the works. now just have to get the funds to bring them to life.

Got my package in today. JBR shift knob!

IMG_1613_zpsbe929f06.jpg

Yes, it even came with and easter gift. Silly car people. Anyways, this thing is pretty heavy. 680 grams if I remember.
Here it is next to the stock knob.
IMG_1615_zpse24baf89.jpg

Install was pretty easy and straight forward. Glad i had a deep socket for the adapter, but i don't think it is really necessary. A regular socket will do. The part that took the longest was getting it thread just right so the shift pattern was straight. I bet i had to thread, adjust, put on the knob, take it off, and adjust again 15 times.

This is my first experience with JBR, and it was a good one. Shipped the day after ordering (which i did on a sunday night), and arrived 3 days later. Good instructions and a solid product.

Installed pic

IMG_1620_zpsef672339.jpg

I like it so far. Seems to help with getting into gear. It just seems more confident, like, yeah, I'm going to go in that gear! Before it was a little more notchy feeling. Obviously it doesn't make that go away completely, but it seems smoother. Also, the large round size fits the hand really nice. Only complaint... is that it was colder this morning being that it was 30 degrees F. Obviously, being metal means it is going to be more temperature sensative.

Just a nice subtle change. Took advantage of their 10% off sale.

Been a while since i posted here... but i finally got some time to do some things with the car.

Corksport front plate
Corksport interior leds
Rokblokz mud flaps.

Ready for winter!

Latest posts

Back