OE-Push Start/Stop comes with Remote Start accessory on CX-9 ?

satwar

The Mazda Canada web site seems to indicate that the "Remote Start" accessory includes an OE-Push Start/Stop. Has anyone seen this accessory installed for 2013 ? Do you actually a Push Start/Stop for the main ignition switch along with remote start fob ?

My dealer says the ignition key remains the same. That's good news because I like the backup manual key design

Last edited:
If the 2013 model didn't come with the push to start button, the remote start accessory won't add it. The 2012 we just bought has the knob cover over the ignition switch that you turn to start the car. You can push two small buttons on the sides of the knob to remove it to expose the keyed ignition backup. It might not be as novel as the push button start, but it works well in case the smart ket system fails.

If the 2013 model didn't come with the push to start button, the remote start accessory won't add it. The 2012 we just bought has the knob cover over the ignition switch that you turn to start the car. You can push two small buttons on the sides of the knob to remove it to expose the keyed ignition backup. It might not be as novel as the push button start, but it works well in case the smart ket system fails.

That's what all MY's have--no push button. I think the OP just meant "key-less ignition"

Back