The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Hello everyone. Can I replace my low beam bulbs with a 9006 bulb? Please help.

Mo
The CX-5 with halogen headlights (as opposed to HID) use H11 55watt bulbs, same as your fog lights if you happen to have them also.

So your question is can you replace the H11 with the 9006 (HB4)?

Not really. The locking tabs and seals are different configurations and will not fit. I say not really because people have claimed they trim tabs, use conversion kits, etc, but I have never really investigated any of that.

Most of the 5k white bulbs are out of stock. I hope 6k isn't too blue.
Ordering.
DRLs. eBay 18SMT ones started flickering
http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-6-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-p13w-1-pair.html
For the vanity mirror.
http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-hi-power-3-chip-2-led-vanity-sun-visor-light-bulb.html
Trunk light
http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-1w-hp-led-dome-light-bulb-3022-3021-29mm.html
Coupon code 10OFF813 works for 10% off even though they didn't advertise it. I took the July code & changed the 7 to 8.

Last edited:
Just got these in the mail: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I cannot say that they are a lot brighter than stock, they are just as bright. When I installed both, they were very bright. They are a very clean white which I love.

Cree on the left, stock on the right.
Wz448I0.jpg

Both Cree's installed.

Care for some bad cellphone pics of my new 120SMD type 2 switchbacks? A bit more blue in the pics than in person. More than happy with them as they are quite brighter, especially the 80 amber LED's. When not in signal mode, the white LED's are significantly brighter than factory incandescent amber. Also complements my DRL LED's and Tech pack HID's.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG1681.jpg
    IMAG1681.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 4,466
  • IMAG1682.jpg
    IMAG1682.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 4,525
  • IMAG1692.jpg
    IMAG1692.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 4,344
  • IMAG1693.jpg
    IMAG1693.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 4,438
Last edited:
Care for some bad cellphone pics of my new 120SMD type 2 switchbacks? A bit more blue in the pics than in person. More than happy with them as they are quite brighter, especially the 80 amber LED's. When not in signal mode, the white LED's are significantly brighter than factory incandescent amber. Also complements my DRL LED's and Tech pack HID's.
Looks great. Too bad we have yellow reflectors, otherwise the side profile would be white.
You need install resisters for these to not hyper flash right?

I agree on the yellow reflectors. Fortunately, to my surprise. The side profile is still white at night due to the slit in the yellow reflectors. Only close up would one notice the ugly yellow, since it is mostly dominated by the white light bleed.

Last edited:
5k switchbacks with cree DRL's , LED fog (old picture now the metal cover in the foglight is removed)

lights_zps1f8ecb7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm still waiting for vLeds to ship my order.

Been about three weeks now as I'm waiting for stock to turn up.

Hey SAYNOTOPISTONS,

Any more info on those switchbacks? Where did you get them from? Did you have to install a resistor?
They look pretty clean, I am definitely interested in getting a pair.

A friend bought them for me overseas after I mentioned specifically what I want.

With most LED turn signal replacement units, a pair of load resistors is required. I have yet to install load resistors, but it is necessary. It hyper blinks when using the signals, but is normal with the hazards. Yes, that also means the "3 blink signal" feature completes its cycle within a fraction of a second without the loads resistors. It is so noticeable that even my girlfriend asked about it in the car the first opportunity I got to use the signal. When using only LED front signals, a pair of 6ohm should be plenty.

Well, the VLED Tritons are definitely quality lights. Fortunately I got my 120smd (80 smd Amber, 40 white) for a small fraction of the price for a Triton while having similar output. Resisters should cost no more than $5.

Hi, I had just bought a pair of Cree P13W 50W for the DRL. Just want to ask is it too high power for the DRL? Will it spoil the reflector or the transparent housing? Normal halogen bulb for DRL is how many watt? Anyone know this? Thanks!

Hi, I had just bought a pair of Cree P13W 50W for the DRL. Just want to ask is it too high power for the DRL? Will it spoil the reflector or the transparent housing? Normal halogen bulb for DRL is how many watt? Anyone know this? Thanks!
OEM bulbs are 13 watts, listed in the owners manual. 50W is overkill. Are you sure it'll draw 50W or equivalent to 50W of light. Is it a LED bulb?

Back