Soft Cargo Liner Anyone?

ekcooper

:
Mazda, CX-5 Grand Touring
I did a search and don't see much about it. Anyone have the Soft Cargo Liner with the fold-down bumper protector (I have dogs)? I wanted to know if it stayed in place well. And, I've taken off the head rests in the back seat (for easier fold-down) and wondered if it would stay on without them. So, any reviews? Any pictures? Thanks!

I did a search and don't see much about it. Anyone have the Soft Cargo Liner with the fold-down bumper protector (I have dogs)? I wanted to know if it stayed in place well. And, I've taken off the head rests in the back seat (for easier fold-down) and wondered if it would stay on without them. So, any reviews? Any pictures? Thanks!

I have one!

http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-5/2011-11/protection/KD45V0381/

see how the price excludes fitting (rofl2) it must have taken 2 hours for the dealer to install(uhm)

It's a pretty tight fit so I don't think it will move much. Going to try it out properly on weekend - moving son back into uni digs.

I have the soft cargo liner in the rear with the fold down bumper protecter. Got it primarily because our dogs sit in the rear. It covers the back of the rear seats so when we fold down the rear seats the entire exposed surface is covered in the back/rear. It is a snug fit all around. The velcro keeps it attached really well. Highly recommend if you have dogs.

http://mazdagear.com/cargo-liner-soft---cx-5.aspx

I have the soft cargo liner in the rear with the fold down bumper protecter. Got it primarily because our dogs sit in the rear. It covers the back of the rear seats so when we fold down the rear seats the entire exposed surface is covered in the back/rear. It is a snug fit all around. The velcro keeps it attached really well. Highly recommend if you have dogs.

Thanks! It seems to look like a faux leather. Is it really slick? The dogs aren't going to tear it to pieces with their claws?

Works with the Cargo Tray

I just got mine today, ordered the soft cargo liner simply for the rear seat back protection. I had also ordered the rubber cargo tray, and was curious if they would work in tandom....and well they DO!!! I installed the soft cargo liner first. I was skeptical because it was only going to attach with Velcro on the liner directly to the seat backs. I didnt think it would hold all that well, but it does!!!. Its also really nice that it does not get in the way of the car seat latch system in the back and that you can still put the seats down in any configuration (just watch cause they are a little tighter to put back up). I then put the bumper flap on and folded over the bumper. Then I put the cargo tray on top. It was a little tight right at the seat backs on the bottom, but the accordion piece that other reference with seat covers, can still be lifted up and the cargo tray slides right underneath. Last I just folded the bumper flap back on to the tray. I'll try to take some pics in the daylight (im thinking its still going to be hard to see because its all black), and upload them soon.

ekcooper: Its smooth, but not real slick. I dont think the dogs will be able to puncture it with their claws.

dad of jon: If you had to pay for install time, you got hosed....It took me about 10 minutes to install...tops....

Last edited:
I just got mine today, ordered the soft cargo liner simply for the rear seat back protection. I had also ordered the rubber cargo tray, and was curious if they would work in tandom....and well they DO!!! I installed the soft cargo liner first. I was skeptical because it was only going to attach with Velcro on the liner directly to the seat backs. I didnt think it would hold all that well, but it does!!!. Its also really nice that it does not get in the way of the car seat latch system in the back and that you can still put the seats down in any configuration (just watch cause they are a little tighter to put back up). I then put the bumper flap on and folded over the bumper. Then I put the cargo tray on top. It was a little tight right at the seat backs on the bottom, but the accordion piece that other reference with seat covers, can still be lifted up and the cargo tray slides right underneath. Last I just folded the bumper flap back on to the tray. I'll try to take some pics in the daylight (im thinking its still going to be hard to see because its all black), and upload them soon.

ekcooper: Its smooth, but not real slick. I dont think the dogs will be able to puncture it with their claws.

dad of jon: If you had to pay for install time, you got hosed....It took me about 10 minutes to install...tops....

Hey, Migkaspar, how does the cargo liner fit over the top of the back seats? I've removed my back seat head rests for easy folding for bike/dog storage. Does the cargo line require the head rests to keep in place in addition to the velcro?

It does fit over top of the seat and tucks into the plastic receivers for the head rests, I have mine still in, but I do not think they would be necessary to keep the liner in place. I wished that the holes for the latch system on the back would have tucked in as nicely as the liner did on top of the seats.

Thanks! It seems to look like a faux leather. Is it really slick? The dogs aren't going to tear it to pieces with their claws?

The surface is textured, so it's not slick. The dogs don't mess with it at all and their claws haven't damaged it.

no I didn't pay for install, i just thought it was silly for them to say price excludes fitting! - fitting, what fitting!(rolleyes)

Hi, I also need to transport doggies with my CX5 and have gotten the cargo liner and awaiting the cargo tray. Have a question though... if you keep the doggies at the back (and I've three beagle-sized ones) my concern is they'll jump out of the rear the moment I open the tail gate! Yeah, mine are just all eager to jump out and run! Then I'll have to play catch-n-seek!!

Is there anything that kind of act as a barrier/gate to prevent the doggies jumping out? I've seen a cargo net (below) that seems to tie across the rear (which will do the job) but I don't think there's a hook for the upper part of the net.

net4_zps2570005e.png

Is there anything that kind of act as a barrier/gate to prevent the doggies jumping out?

Yes - it's called "obedience training".

My dog is trained to never enter or exit a building or vehicle without an explicit verbal command. It makes life a lot easier and the dog is happier because he knows what is expected of him.

Last edited:
Yes - it's called "obedience training".

My dog is trained to never enter or exit a building or vehicle without an explicit verbal command. It makes like a lot easier and the dog is happier because he knows what is expected of him.

My thoughts exactly!

It does fit over top of the seat and tucks into the plastic receivers for the head rests, I have mine still in, but I do not think they would be necessary to keep the liner in place. I wished that the holes for the latch system on the back would have tucked in as nicely as the liner did on top of the seats.

I'm also considering the soft cargo liner because I've got dogs and want to protect the back of my rear seats. Does anyone have a picture of what the liner looks like from the cabin with the rear seats up? Can you see it as it comes over the back of the seats? How's it look?

Thanks!

-stumbles

I'm also considering the soft cargo liner because I've got dogs and want to protect the back of my rear seats. Does anyone have a picture of what the liner looks like from the cabin with the rear seats up? Can you see it as it comes over the back of the seats? How's it look?

Thanks!

-stumbles

Here you go STUMBLES, took these this morning. It looks like my rear seats are wearing capes, but if you have a black interior they won't be noticeable. The contrast does not bother me that much.

RmESlsZ.jpg

VZsg0Ha.jpg

thAp93U.jpg

NfjWRDR.jpg

Thanks Stormtrooper. I actually ordered one of these last Friday, so I hope I get it this week.

I have the black interior, so after seeing your pics I'm not worried. One questions though: Do you need to have the headrests on to keep it in place?

-stumbles

Thanks Stormtrooper. I actually ordered one of these last Friday, so I hope I get it this week.

I have the black interior, so after seeing your pics I'm not worried. One questions though: Do you need to have the headrests on to keep it in place?

-stumbles

Can't say I've tried lowering the seats with the headrests removed, but the velcro on the backside of the seats seems to hold firm enough, so I would say it is not necessary for the cargo liner to adhere to the seat.

Back