Cosh68's UK Build

Yea here in the UK the basic MZ2 model, the TS, has manual rear windows and only 2 speakers up the front, and the 75HP 1.3l engine and steel wheels, my last MZ2 was the model up, the TS2, this was the 1.3l 85HP engine but had more trimmings such 4 speaker setup, alloy wheels electric windows. Now with the sport 1.5l, I get the lot nothing missed lol

Chris

Do you think we could get some "after market parts" sponsorship with these three ? (shady)

Shaun.....

Need to move to that street, seems to be the place to be if your a MZ2 owner lol

Chris

Wow, those look like they fit great. Any snags with the install?

-Derrick

No problems, the clips are a little tricky to get in but the fit is nice....

Shaun...

Been on the dyno today....

Mazda 2 TS standard power 55kW 73.756bhp

Dyno run with CorkSport SRI, 2" DIY Stainless CAT-Back Dual Tip Exhaust (baffles fitted)

Dyno run with CorkSport SRI, 2" DIY Stainless CAT-Back Dual Tip Exhaust (baffles removed)

Is arrived.... (dance)

Shaun.....

Last edited:
Good luck starting your tune! And those are pretty good numbers =) About even with me when I had similar mods.

Its looking that way, if i've gone from 74bhp standard to 88.5bhp with your amazing SRI & my cobbled togther 2" cat-back, the engine is programmed wrong by mazda with the

A standard off the shelf re-flash from a local dealer give julie's Tamura 84bhp a lift of 10-12bhp (according to there sales stuff) so in theory release the 10bhp that mazda have locked, get the 10-12bhp from the re-flash then Joe works his magic with the be-spoke tune.....
so weve got 108 - 110 before Joe gets onto it.....

How much are people getting from their bespoke tune ?

Shaun.....

Last edited:
Haven't had it on the dyno yet, but a few top gear acceleration runs from 35-70 mph have netted almost a full second decrease and the 0-60 is down almost a half second( a best of 9.38 and high of 9.65) down from 9.82 best and 10.28 high prior to tune)

As soon as Joe and the software guys figure out why my data logger won't stay connected, I'll do some data log runs to get EXACT data, for now a stop watch and reflexes are all I have( plus the GTech app for the phone, but that isn't always quite accurate.

Last edited:
Thanx jasyatz....

My 0-60 times are down as i run the 17" wheels... the 15" on it the accell is awsome with just the SRI, the pipe aswell makes you (lol2)

Thought about data-logging the dyno run but it was a bit of a last minute thing, (phone call) "yea we can fit you in at 10:50 if you can get here"....

I got there (drive2)

Shaun.....

Yea, My buddy has a tru straight pipe side exit exhaust that sounds bad ass, but it's a bit too hardcore for me.

The 17's really hurt both in a weight/mass penalty but a gearing/circumferential penalty. This cars strength is its power to weight ratio and rotating mass is crucial. I didn't go balls out selecting a super light wheel, but anything under 13lbs is ok.

Would have been cool to see the data log on the dyno, Not sure what I'd be looking for as far as fuel curves and such, but from a time/speed comparison..

I'll be sure and have it all prepared for the spring if we get a dyno day near me. Numbers look really strong though.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back