The 2014 CX-5 is Almost Here!

STE92VE

Zoom Zoom Zoom
:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
It's gotta be, look at the promo that I just received from a local dealer. Then again, this is from the dealer that told me the 2014 CX-5 would be available in 2014 and after reading the small print, it says that this offer expires 12/24/12!!!! Gotta love an ad exec that doesn't proof read!

Martin%20luther%20king%20Eblast.jpg

So "zero payments for 1 year based on $300 payments; normal payments resume after 12 months" but that follows: "Normal payments to resume February 2013" and "Get a check back for $6000" but "off dealer posted price"

So you get half off the first month payment but then get no payments for that month or the other 11 months? (good way to get upside down on a deal) And you get $6000 off of their imaginary 'posted' price?

Man, it sounds like they love to get the numbers spinning in customers heads. You can almost hear them yelling at you in that ad. But wait! If you order now we'll throw in a free.....

I miss the time when cars weren't selling and they'd post the lowest price they could do on the car.

Trevor
Mazda, Toyota and Honda Accessories

They're probably taking $6000 off the dealer posted price which is $8000 over MSRP! Hurry in before they're all gone!

It is a shame that the fixed pricing or at least more honest pricing never really caught on. I don't know how it works for Scion and maybe if Saturn had more desired cars it would have gotten more popular but it really seems like the over-hyped, over-inflated discounts really work. They have all the key phrases and buzzwords in that ad.

There is just something hardwired into us anymore that we want some sort of a markdown off the asking price or we think we aren't getting a good deal.

I guess I'm in the minority in loving JCPenney's new pricing where pretty much everything is 40% off what they used to charge all the time. Where you don't end up in the store going "that is a nice item but I don't have all my coupons to get it at a reasonable price". None of the "we marked it up 150% but now you can use your 50% off coupon and your $10 off coupon and if you jump on one foot and rub your head and pat your stomach we'll give it to you for almost what it should cost.

We were at Macys around Christmas time and my wife saw something she like on a rack but on the left side of the rack they had different things and above that side it said "save at least 75% off" and then under that "when you take another 40% off the already marked down price" and then below that "actual prices at the register may be even lower". We couldn't tell if the stuff on our side of the rack was part of that sale and then if it was there was the fun of figuring out what price to subtract what percentage from and would it be even lower? Whereas at Penneys she walked up to their racks looked at a price tag and would go "wow, $12 for that shirt is a great deal". But how many people walk up to the rack without the big "75% off" sign to draw them in?

Last edited:
I don't want to do business with a outfit like that.

And regarding the model year 2014 CX-5 becoming available....?

the 50% off "payments" reminds me of a local furniture store that recently started having people holding signs at intersections that have in big lettering "Retirement Sale, Liquidating 50%" and then in small print "of our inventory" So it isn't 50% off the inventory it is 50% of the inventory that they want to sell.

And the first comment I found online when searching for info on their retirement (they have been a longtime local business) was someone saying that the prices on everything in the store jumped way up right before the "Sale"

It is a shame that the fixed pricing or at least more honest pricing never really caught on. I don't know how it works for Scion and maybe if Saturn had more desired cars it would have gotten more popular but it really seems like the over-hyped, over-inflated discounts really work. They have all the key phrases and buzzwords in that ad.

There is just something hardwired into us anymore that we want some sort of a markdown off the asking price or we think we aren't getting a good deal.
Was at another Mazda dealer last night. If they would have had 1/2 a head on their shoulders they would have known that they were talking to an informed consumer, but the first price they presented was $1000 over MSRP. When I looked at that # with puzzlement, I asked if that was MSRP. They answered yes. He then proceeded to do his dance and came down from that price to about where MSRP is. That's another dealer that will not gain my business. I can understand but don't condone a dealer doing that with some unsuspecting buyer, but with all the info available online, he thought he could pull that on me. Well, I've never be so insulted! OK, that's not really true.

Wow, and we thought we were getting the 2.5L engine!

• MSRP
  • $21,990

• <label>Exterior:</label> Black
  • <label>Stock Number:</label> 140008
  • <label>Location:</label> Ferman Mazda - Brandon
  • <label>Engine:</label> 3.7L 6 cyl Fuel Injection
  • <label>Model Code:</label> CX5 SP 2A
  • <label>MSRP:</label> $21,990
  • <label>VIN:</label> JM3KE2BE0E0301526

Guiffre? The worst dealership in the tri-state that is known for being scam artists.

Guiffre, Manfredi, Bay Ridge anything stay away from these sleazeballs. Lived in Brooklyn/Staten Island for years stepped into a Manfredi dealership once and the total unprofessional thug attitude of one salesman almost got me arrested one time. One thing trying to keep a customer from leaving another making a threat lol yeah that will work well especially with a temper like mine.

That is one way to look at it (lol2) . Wantagh is a decent dealership (where I went). Wayne is by far one of the best in the country.

Back